Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Trav's Three Year Celebration

Three years ago on July 25, 2010,
I would never have dreamed that I'd
be at Three Spoons Yogurt with Travis
on this day.  Heck, three months ago,
I would not have thought it possible that I'd
be at Three Spoons Yogurt with Travis!
God is Good, really REaLLY good.  
Claudette joined us...she is another angel in our lives.
Her son was one of Trav's good friends in
high school.  Cory now lives in New Jersey.
Claudette has been so wonderful to Travis!
She is now taking Trav to Baylor speech on Tuesdays.
She is a really good cook, too, and has
been pureeing some foods for him. 
So thankful for her...
On a personal note, three years later,
I am a different person.  I know what it
is to feel a real heart ache and what it's like
to watch someone struggle and even suffer.
I also know what it's like to witness a miracle,
to depend on prayer to get through a day,
and to feel God's love in unspeakable ways.
I also know that there is nothing more imporant
in this world than sharing God's love
and helping others.  I will forever hate
that it took my beloved nephew's horrible
car accident to fully teach me that.
I will never get over what has happened 
to Travis and I'm sure I'll still beg and plead
and cry out to God to help him more.
I'll also continue to miss the Travis that was
and all that he might have been.
BUT...I'll never let a day go by again without
thanking God for the many blessings in
my life ~ especially the miracle of Travis.
I pray I understand and see the purpose
of all of this on THIS side of Heaven,
but it's okay if I don't, too.
God is Good, really REaLLY good. 
Happy THREE Years at your second chance at life, Travis! 
You absolutely amaze me. 
I love you!!!
 
"We have this hope as an anchor for the soul,
firm and secure."
Hebrews 6:19

 

1 comment:

Beth E. said...

Amen! You've said it all in your post. Three years ago changed our lives, forever. I'm so grateful to God that we still have Travis and my brother still with us!