Monday, August 19, 2013

Travis at Baylor Speech

In Mid-July, Travis started a four week
speech therapy stint at Baylor. 
He goes to Hillcrest speech for his swallowing
three times a week in the morning and then to
Baylor for speech four days a week at 4:15. 
This was our first day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 God has provided yet again...
this time he has TWO therapists
and they are wonderful!!!
So thankful for Joy & Lindsey...
Scott takes Travis on Wednesdays
and a friend has started taking him on Tuesdays.
  SO, so thankful for this friend by the way.
 It is my priviledge to take
him the other days:)
Sometimes it is just me...
and other times we have company! ;) 
 
 
Hillcrest is focusing only on his swallowing
under the guidance of an expert in Florida.
I am asking for BIG BOLD prayers that
they will continue to work with him.
This is HUGE...and a swallow study at
the end of this month will determine whether
they are able to continue their work
with him or not.  We will be devastated
if they are not able.  Devastated!
So please pray!!!!!

The Baylor Speech program has yet
again been WONDERFUL!!!
Joy and Lindsay were just perfect...
so smart and talented and kind.
They are going to be incredible
speech therapists.  They worked
our Superman hard!!! 
Trav didn't mind it a bit though...lots of
breathing exercises, vowel sounds,
tongue and lip exercises, etc.
There is SOOOOO much involved
in speech therapy. I just never even knew!
 Last day of the summer session!!!
Four weeks, Four days a week...
he never missed a session!
Lynna came the last day and she and Travis
met with the amazing therapists.  They
were very positive about his progress
and showed how he had made
advancements on his breathing and other
exercises.  We are SOOOOO very,
very thankful for PrOGrESS!!!!!!!
I remember exactly where I was
standing at Texas Neuro when the
doctor told us that Travis might not
ever speak or eat again.  It
was down right unbelievable. 
In fact, I remember telling my parents
and they were upset that we were
telling others ~ they just thought it
could NOT be and why would we
tell people that :( Well, here we are.
And it's STILL unbelievable. 
 
BUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I always come back to this verse
when I think about our journey in
speech and I faithfully and fervently
pray this is in God's will for Travis:
 
"I will help you speak and I will
teach you what to say."
Exodus 4:12

1 comment:

Beth E. said...

I am amazed at the progress Travis has made, and have no doubt that he will continue to meet and exceed every goad set by the therapists.

BOLDLY PRAYING for him to be able to continue his therapy at Hillcrest!

Love you, sweet Mindy...