Thursday, August 22, 2013

5th Grade Schedule Pick-Up

 WOOOOO Nellie!!!!!!!  Slow.Down.Time.
I cannot believe that my baby boy has
completed elementary school and is now
moving on to Intermediate!
 
The 5th Grade?????
Hold me!
I just can't believe that he has a
"schedule" of changing classes,
a LoCKER, the nerve to tell me to
"hurry up and take this picture before
anyone sees" and that he is wearing
those TALL black Nike socks!!!
They've been in style for the boys
for quite some time and I won't even
share the many different reasons why
I've told him he couldn't wear them yet!
Until now.  I finally had to give in......
I suppose for his 5th grade image!  ha;)
Maybe this fad will pass quickly
although NOW I'm even seeing bright
florescent green socks like these on his buddies!!!
I know SO many at this school...many of whom
I didn't even realize were working there
until registration.  He will be in good, sweet hands
at River Valley.  His last period teacher,
Mrs. Litton, just happens to be one of the
kindest ladies in the world!  I grew up
with her daughter and she was
the coordinator for my wedding!
First Pierce to hit River Valley...
Wonder how each will do?!?
Wonder if the 3rd will still act like this
by the time he gets there???  ;)
Thankfully, Walker doesn't seem phased
at all by this transition and he is truly
excited.  He's such a great kid and I pray
with all my heart he continues on that
path.  I couldn't be more proud. 
It's really his mommy who seems to
be having the hardest time :(
Growing up is hard...on Mommies.
Praying with all my heart for
Walker's 5th grade year!!!
 
"Seek God's will in all you do,
and He will show you the path to take."
Proverbs 3:6

No comments: