Monday, August 5, 2013

Saying Good Bye to the Reeds :(

I put this out of my mind and pretended
it wasn't happening for as long as I could :(
But it was inevitable...
the Reeds were moving out of town
because of Casey's job! 
 
One thing is for certain though ~
no matter where we all go...
About a week before they left,
we had our last swim at the Reed Resort ;(
This was the only thing the Pierces
could think to make/bring;)
It was such a crazy, busy time of summer
and the Oakleys and Guderians were out
of town.  The Nemecs and the Pierces
loved on the Reeds for all of us though:)
Couldn't love these Hoodies ~ big and little ~ more!!!
"House Party" at her own going away party;)
That's how RoRo rolls!!!
These boys have pretty much grown up
together!!!  It's like they are brothers/friends.  
They might be a little bit silly, too! ;)
Sweet girls (:
This is a horrible pic of us, but still...
love these girls so so much.
God blessed me beyond measure having
Elizabeth next door and Robin down
the cul-de-sac.  Now they have both left me!
Thankfully I still have some
wonderful friends/neighbors still
beside me, across the ways and behind me.
But God knew I needed these two
as we started our families together.
If all goes according to plan, we really will
end up family with the Reeds!!! 
But that's many, many years down the road;)
hint hint...Hadlee & Landry
 
Next up we needed to get together for the Big Hoodies
to say good-bye.  Well, actually more like
"see ya later"!  Since we were all still in
big time denial that this was happening,
we kept it simple and low-key.
Being down I-35 doesn't have to change
too many things and that's how we
want to make it seem!!!!!!!!!
One of the best couples I know!!!
It was so fun for us to all be together again!
Hoodie Men!!!
Hoodie Ladies!!!
In every pic we are all looking different
directions at our crazy guys trying to take our picture!!!
Then this has to happen!!!  ha!
Wonder where our kids get their silliness???
Hoodies Forever!!!!!!!!!!!!
So very thankful for this group!!! 
My dear, beautiful RoRo...
she is so much like a sister to me.
Her moving really hurts:(
 
It was a big time bummer when we saw
that moving truck pull up at the Reeds:(
Thank God for these Little Hoodies!!!
I'm so thankful that they have experienced
these friendships...praying we all stay close...
somehow, someway!!!  We will!
I contemplated us just loading
up in the truck and going to
Dripping Springs with them!!!  ;)
Lauren, Luke and Landry...
we are going to miss ya'll SO, SO much:(
One last evening in the Hood together...
On one of the moving days, Luke and Landry
joined us for a day at HFalls!!!!!!!!
We LOVED it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The Nemecs came, too!!!
Love our Littles!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Destined to be buds...Huds & Bryce
These guys make my heart happy!!!!!!!
I love the 3L's like they are my very own:)
It was so sweet of Landry to leave his "car"
for Hudson.  Just another little piece of the Reeds
we get to keep here in the Hood!;)
I get extra sad thinking about Huddy
missing out on the Reeds since he's so little. 
My son from another mother hugging Hudson!
Hudson loves his new Batmobile SOOOO much:)
 
Saying good-bye in their empty house...
The Reeds have been such a package deal...
Troy and Casey are best buds (BB's)!
It's rare that an entire family can match
up with another family, but we do!!!
It was a long day of moving
and tears were starting to fall...
I'd held them in as long as I could!  :(
I just love Robin and her family
more than words could ever say. 
 I'd rather think of us like this though;)
This is truly for a whole other post, but when I think
about Robin, some VERY VeRY monumental moments
in my life come to mind.  First and foremost...
the day I met her in October 2003.  I was in the
entry way of my house over my little Walker who
had just had his first febrile seizure (and I had
NO idea what that was!!!).  He was 14 months old.
My life was literally flashing before my very eyes as
I waited for an ambulance to arrive when all of the
sudden I look up in the door way of my
house and there stands an angel...
"I'm a nurse.  I can help!!!"
From there, this barefoot girl whom
I'd never met before took over.
She knew just what to do.  She even
knew it was a febrile seizure and felt
sure he would be okay.  I'll never
forget her words..."Rely on your
faith.  Be a mother."  I knew right then
and there that angels do live amongst us.
Thank Goodness for another neighbor who
had called Robin that day when she saw
fire trucks and police at our house.
Robin took off running to our house
barefoot.  I'll never, ever forget it.
She knew WAY more than any of the
rescue personnel there!
 
There rest is history from there...
I dropped my little Walker off at her
house to go check into the hospital
to have my Baby Girl.
When we realized much to our shock
that we'd be having a third baby,
it was the Reeds we called first.
They were in Austin eating
and they hung up the phone and
said, "we better head back"...
sure enough they did and we hung
out with them that night and they
encouraged us and loved us
and laughed with us!!!
In fact, it was she whom we called in the
middle of the night when I went
into labor with that baby!
She came straight down in her
Snuggie, spent the night in our house
and was there for my two loves
when they woke up! 
 
On the morning of Sunday, July 25th
after I received the most horrifying
call of my life from Hillcrest Hospital
I called Robin while I was driving down
Bagby to get to the hosptial and asked her
to pray.  There I stood in Trav's hospital
room...the WORST moment of my life...
and Michelle comes in and tells me
that Robin was standing down the hallway
outside of the ICU doors.  She had come
straight there after we hung up.
She helped hold Michelle and I together
and prayed over Travis for us
when we couldn't quite form words yet.
I can't even remember all that she did
for my family and me in the days
that followed...but it was A LOT...
including encouraging me to go to
scripture to find comfort (and I
haven't stopped doing that since!). 
When I had to miss Halloween because
I was in the hospital with a bad staph
infection, it was she who came down
and got my little girl ready to trick-or-treat
in her Pinkalicious costume:)
And loved on her the next night, too,
when she just needed some mama lovin'
before bed time.  Basically,
Friend/Mommy/Nurse RoRo
has been on call for the Pierces
24/7 since 2003!!!
 
These are all major things...
but trust me
she and I have prayed each other
and our husbands and our children
through many, MANY moments ~
big and little
(hurts, sicknesses, jobs, tests, heartbreaks, etc).
 And we will continue
doing that for the rest of our lives.
I feel confident of that.
 
And parties?!?  HA!  PARTIES!
Big Hoodie Birthdays and Little
Hoodie Birthdays alike.
PLUS just any reason to celebrate...
we've had some good, good times!
When we told Hadlee that the Reeds
were moving, her first question
was if they would still come to her
birthday parties?!??!!!;)
Thank Goodness the frogs that they
surprised Walker with at his 6th
birthday are still alive and kickin'
even though they were only supposed
to live a year!!!!!!! ha!!!!!!!!!!
I need to do a post about the gifts
they have shown up with at our parties!;)
 
In the last year or so, as our kids
have gotten bigger and busier and
going different ways/schools/activities,
we haven't been able to hang like
we used to or even see each other
like we would have liked even though
we were just down the cul-de-sac. 
BUT it was comforting knowing
the Reeds were there and we were here...
I'm going to miss that:(
 
Our friendship is strong and sweet
enough to withstand a move...
I have no doubts about that! (:
 
Leave it to Robin ... we were gone on a little
trip when they were supposed to "drive off"
(smart planning on my part; so I wouldn't have to see that!). 
When we got back from our trip,
I found this on my kitchen table.  God love her!!!
Best of luck to the Reeds in their new home!
 
We will miss MISS miss you guys.
"Check ya later"!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: