Monday, July 8, 2013

Mother's Day 2013

 To me, Mother's Day is ALLLLL
about my beloved mother!
BUT...I also think about some VERY
special other mothers in my life ~
like my sisters, my mother-in-law,
my Aunt Kitty,
several of my dearest friends,
my kids' teachers...
and, most of all, Mrs. Janice!!!
She "mothers" my little Hudson
every morning for me!
AND she is AMAZING...
a beautiful bouquet of flowers is
merely a very, very small token
of how much we love and appreciate her!  
 Plus she helps him create for me
THE sweetest treasures EVER!!!!!!!!!
 
On the actual Sunday of Mother's Day,
my precious little family let me sleep in a
little bit (BeST gIfT EvER!!!!!).
Then I hurried to get ready to go and meet
my mother at her church which was so special
because they showed a video that I had
sent pictures of my mother with her three girls
and grandkids for.  The sermon was about
the fruits of the spirit (which MY sweet
mother happens to possess!) and it was just
a very special morning for me being
with my mother and her sweet Sunday School
friends at her church. 
Before I left, though, my little loves
spoiled me ROTTEN!!! 
Donuts, cards, gifts and, most best of all...
lots of hugs and kisses!!!
 They were SO excited to give me my gifts!!!
First of all...Walker's gift that he made me at school.
Tears did fall:( Most special gift I've ever received!
A painting with three poems he
wrote for me on the back!!!
His "Mom You Are" poem about did me in!;)
"Mom You Are"
By Walker Pierce
 
You are sweet and loving
You wonder about me all the time
You hear me when I speak
You want me to always be happy
You are sweet and loving
 
You pretend while you play with me
You feel my love to you
You touch my hand
You worry about me getting hurt
You cry about Travis
You are sweet and loving
 
You understand me
You say my name
You dream for Travis
You help me all the time
You hope I will go to college
You are sweet and loving
Hadlee's sweet, precious gifts that she made
me at school were equally as sweet!!!
My children are PURE L-O-V-E!!!!!!!!
Then they gave me the bear they had won
me at Fuddruckers;) AND an awesome
new high tech camera that I am still trying
to learn how to use!  It is fancy & fun!!!
Being mommy to Walker, Hadlee and Hudson
is the best feeling in the WORLD!!!
Practicing with the new camera!!!
 
Such a special day...I wish I had known just how
special this day really is while I was growing up.
I don't think I probably ever did enough
to show my mother how much I love
and appreciate her!  I try to now though:)
On our way to lunch and I just had to
text Mrs. Janice & Adrienne to show them
I had on the dress & necklace they
got me for my birthday! :))) 
We met my parents at Chuys for lunch
(my mother and I both love that place!)...
I happen to believe my mother is the
sweetest, kindest person in the world! 
THIS is what Mother's Day is alllllll about to me...
my dear mother and my beloved children!!!
After lunch, we went to visit and love on
my mother-in-law who I love SOOOO dearly, too!!!!
Just the other day, a friend was complaining about her
mother-in-law and asked if anyone would trade
with her;)  A couple of my friends raised their
hands...but NOT me!  I said NO WAY!!!!!!
I am blessed BLESSED blessed:)
 
Then we went to the park....

There couldn't be a better way to spend my afternoon!!!
I couldn't be a mama without THIS amazing man!
ThaNKfuL and then some!!!!!!
 
I couldn't resist posting this picture
on Facebook...what a treasure!!!
I love my mom and sisters ~
in fact, they all THREE have mothered
me my entire life and made
me the mother I am!!!!!!!
"Shout for joy to the Lord,
all the earth.
Worship the Lord with gladness;
come before Him with joyful songs.
Know that the Lord is God.
It is He who made us, and we are His;
we are His people, the sheep of His pasture.
Enter his gates with thanksgiving
and his courts with praise;
give thanks to Him and praise His name.
For the Lord is good and His
love endures forever;
His faithfulness continues
through all generations."
Psalm 100
 

Such a wonderful Mother's Day ~
My cup truly runneth over!

No comments: