Friday, July 26, 2013

Kid Update ~ The Boy

Our doctor wanted to see Walker for a
TEN/almost eleven year check up since
he's growing soooo fast! 
He continues to move on UP that
growth chart at rapid speeds!!!
He weighs 94 pounds and he's 5' 1 1/2" tall. 
Our doctor even did an x-ray of his hand
to see about what size he is and what
size he might end up.  He's basically the
size of a 12 year old so it's all good and okay.
Who knows if and when he will stop
growing or what his actual size will be.
Well, the Good Lord Above knows
and that's all that matters!  :)
For now, he's growing quickly
and in some ways that this mama is not
ready to think about!!!  For example,
 not wanting me to take his picture
and giving ME the hand!!!!!;(
Regardless he's still as fun, crazy
and sweet as EVER!!!!!!!!!!!
He is loving life and trying to be
involved in everything and everyone ~
except for girls!  YAY!!!!
I love him more than I did yesterday;
in fact, even more than I did when he
was this big, cute baby boy......
Apparently he learned the "look" early on...
and I have a feeling I'm about to be seeing
more of that look as the teen years approach!
Just the other day, I was about to drop him off
at a friend's house to go to the water park with
a group of guys.  He had chosen not to spend the
night with them the night before and so I was
trying to explain to him it might take him
a few minutes to get acclimated to the group
since they'd been together all night
(apparently I was thinking like a GIRL not a GUY).
He looked at me like I was crazy and
asked me WHY?  I tried explaining it to him
and with the most serious face he said,
"Just quit talking."  haaaaaaaaaaaaaa
That was about the meanest Walker has ever been to me.
And maybe that's why I still secretly
picture him as THIS sweet precious baby boy!!!

No comments: