Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Travis Bigham Benefit ~ Part I

This was the AMAZING committee
who planned, organized, put together,
met weekly and did an OUTSTANDING
job on the Travis Bigham Benefit
on April 16, 2011,
at the Hog Creek IceHouse. 
Some of these people are life long friends of
Lynna's and a few are new friends. 
Absolutely AMAZING people....
 
Putting on a benefit such as this
is a HUGE undertaking!!!
 A very special member of the
committee.........Garrett!!!
 I can take no credit for being on the
committee.  Just came to take pictures;)
These friends wanted a way to help
and boy did they EVER!!!
I did have to have a pic
with my new nephew though;)
 The night before the BIG event...
Superman pj's for ALL!!!
There was just SO MUCH that went
into this event.  I wish I could record
every single last thing that our
INCREDIBLE friends did to make this
such a HUGE success. 
There were sooooooooo many
people who donated money, time,
items for the auction and SO MUCH more
that I cannot even name!
One example, my dear friend/neighbor
Jeannie made these BEAUTIFUL
necklaces for the auction!
LOVE love LOVE them!!!!!!!!!
Several Superman websites
ran Trav's story and we received donations
and auction items from strangers
from ALL over.  Incredible!
April 16th finally arrived and
WHAT a DAY it was!
Turning into the parking lot,
this was the first thing you saw!!!!!!!
HUGE thanks to http://www.buildasign.com/!  :)
This was my little assistant
arriving with me (and the balloons!!!)...
I am still to this day overwhelmed when
I think back to that day and to the many,
many people who showed up. 
People whom I expected and people
whom I never dreamed would come.
The benefit was packed all.day.long!
PEOPLE ARE SO GOOD AND
KIND AND WONDERFUL!
God has reminded us of that
time and time and time again
throughout this journey.
My high school friend, Trey, and his
beautiful wife, Heather.  Couldn't
believe they showed up...
This is Jennifer and her son Ryan.
Jennifer and I became friends as a result of
Walker and Ryan becoming friends
in Pre-K.  She and her family have been
SO unbelievably faithful and kind to us.
Jennifer even ran her first half-marathon
in honor of Travis!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Walker loved it that Ryan was there!
My mother and some of her Sunday School
class friends.  Her entire class has been
WONDERFUL to Lynna, my mother, 
and all of us!  Amazing women.... 
Mr. V!!!!  Our seventh grade English teacher
and my dear, dear friend and daily
e-mailing buddy.  How awesome
that he stopped by to give us hugs
and make a donation!!!
THEN, the STAR arrived.............
SUPERMAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
He was greeted by just a few;)
Zeb, his former boss:)
A proud and beautiful mama!
They had driven in from Dallas.
The benefit started at noon and they got
there around 1:00 to a parking lot
ALREADY full of cars!!!!!!!!
The first band introduced Trav's arrival....
I don't think there were many dry eyes!
Most people really hadn't seen Travis
since before his accident almost
nine months earlier.....
Scott, Lynna and the assistants with him
took him to the middle of the dance floor...
Then they helped Travis
STAND UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This is what a miracle from God
looks like in real life!!!:)
Nine months earlier, we were told that
Travis would most likely never wake up.
If he did, he would be a vegetable.
THIS IS A MIRACLE.
God hears our prayers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Everyone wanted to come up and
talk to our Superman.
He was SO incredibly gracious
and kind to each and every person.
Nodding his head all day long
and giving many, many
THUMBS UP!!!!!
Aunt Kitty & Cousin Mical
Trav's gorgeous friends...
they were in RED benefit shirts
because they were helping!
Trav had one very special little fan......
As usual, they melted our hearts....
Handsome and Sweet Brothers...
These are two guys who LOVE their mama!
Nicole is Trav's occupational therapist
at CNS.  She has taken such an
interest in Travis and came on her own
will to help out that day!!!
Linda is our very favorite residential
assistant from CNS.  An angel to us!
Laughing at Aunt Michelle:)
The Dustins!  Great friends....
Travis was so relaxed and content
ALL DAY LONG! 
Such a HAPPY event!!!!!!!!!!!
Garrett giving Trav a hard time;)
Oh these two!!!  LOVE them!
The support is truly UNBELIEVABLE!!!
Trish...Lynna's long time b/f/f
and like another mama to Travis!
So many amazing new friends to me,
old friends to my sisters and family, new
friends to them, strangers.......
just allllllllllllll amazing.
My parents' neighbors...
Two VERY special SUPER babies................
...and their family.  Couldn't have made it
through all of this without my Kelli G!
 I can't say much more than that.
Could.not.have.made.it.without.her.
She has cried over this with me more than any
other friend in my life...still to this day.
Wendell got Travis NEW boots!!!
Travis holding the babies....
I ADORE this picture of Travis
with Hank & Ella!!!
Dear Lord, please heal Travis
and allow him to someday
experience being a father!!!
I would give anything for that!
Kate and Mary with their face paintings!!!
Shirley, Robin and some sweet students
from MHS did the face painting.  :)
Such a great pic of
PaPa and Travis...
to say this has been hard on my dad
would be the biggest understatement
ever.  God bless his heart.  :(
Walker's AMAZING teacher, Mrs. Donahoo,
and her daughters.  Walker was actually
at his baseball game when they came.
SO, they came back later just to see him.
Just unbelievable.  His other teacher
and her family came, too.  WOW.
This was a REAL tear jerker...
the TEXAS NA NA's came!!!!!!!
From Dallas, Austin and San Antonio...
the best friends in the world!!!
When I got there that morning, one of the volunteers
told me that there had been a mistake
and a spiderman pinata and jumper
had been delivered.  The guy was like
that's okay, right?!?
UHHHHHH....NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We were able to correct the jumper,
but not the pinata!
Made for a good laugh!!!:)
This was one of the AWESOME nurses
from Hillcrest ICU.  When I introduced
her to Travis, he immediately gave
her the thumbs up on his very own.
  Again, WOW.
Our two miracles..............
Sweet, beautiful Alyssa.
Love her like our own now!:)
This is my dear and beautiful roommate
from my freshman & sophomore
years at Baylor,
Alison and her PRECIOUS family.
Alison is a TRUE and FAITHFUL
friend.  I love her dearly.
They drove from Austin to
spend the entire day at the benefit
with us.  She's incredible........
Alison is the REAL deal.
Grandmother doing one of
Trav's famous expressions!;)
Grandmother and her two oldest....
Macy & Travis!
Aunt Kitty & Uncle Ron....
could NOT have EVER made it without
their generous, loving and
incredible support. 
My beautiful Robin working at the benefit!!!;)
Erica and Angie...two sweet, beautiful
and wonderful friends of mine from church.
I love them SO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This is Lori...she is the head
trauma nurse at Hillcrest ICU.
She was a ROCK for us
those first couple of weeks.
The Texas NaNa's with their Petits!
Having these girls there brought me such
comfort...also knowing that Kimberly,
Kelli and Kaye were there in spirit
from ALL over the world
did, too!!!  Kim even paid for her tickets
even though she was in Australia;)))
Sweet, incredible, beautiful Heather...
my loving friend from high school
and who kept Hadlee for me for
two years.  She's one of my soul
sisters.  Quite possibly the most
kind hearted person I know.
Another UNBELIEVABLE
and FAITHFUL source of
support from the very, very beginning.
So famous.....
So loved...............
Sweet Lauren and her friends!!!
These young ladies are SO very
supportive and kind!
So good at heart at such an early
age!  I love me some LaLa!!!!!!!!
My beautiful Robin with the girls.............
where do I ever, ever find the words?
Truly an angel in our lives.
No wonder Lauren has the heart she does. 
Haddie was most happy to see
Mrs. Heather that day!!!
Travis getting to sit at a table and
visit with his friends all day long
was the BEST therapy EVER!
Hunter just had to go and challenge
a few of us to some races...........
after he beat ME, he took on Kelli G!
So, then I took on the loser:)
It wasn't pretty:))))
Next up was Robin....
Hunter took her down, too;)
So, we decided to get Heather's husband Brett...
As you can see in this action shot,
Hunter B could NOT be beat!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The SUPER Fabulous FARNUM FIVE!!!!!!!
Aunt Mindy:))))
I'm one lucky blessed woman to have
loved this guy since he was born when
I was 13 years old AND even better
to be loved by him.  :)
  He's been my nephew, my son,
my student, my friend.......
my very first true love. 

More BENEFIT pictures coming up!
Over $35,000 was raised.........
God is always at work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: