Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Second Grade Project & Bieber Fever

In the second grade, Walker's big project
was to create something out of
three dimentional shapes.
He immediately came home saying he
wanted to create his very own R2D2
and he was VERY specific how he wanted it!
Thank Goodness he has
 an engineer for a daddy ;)))
They found just the perfect rectangular box
for the body and they made trips to
 Lowe's and Home Depot to buy
wheels and pieces of wood.  They used
one of MY mixing bowls for the head.
They painted a carmex can for the eye
and used colored card board from
Hobby Lobby for the body
and buttons on R2D2 and
a silver paint pen to draw the lines.
I don't know who enjoyed the project more...
Daddy or Walker!
They drilled and painted out in the garage
and devoted a lot of time to making
their R2D2 perfect!
Wonder if Hudson can turn in the same
project in a few years?!?!?!? ;)))
R2D2 became quite the little
 member to our family!
I was SO proud of my boys!!!
If I had been the one helping Walker,
this project would have looked
WAAAAAAAAAAY
different! ;)
I loved how from day one Walker
was so excited and "in" to this project.
Do I have another Engineer in my life?
Troy and Walker are first and foremost
father and son...but I also
see their friendship and I love that!
They share so many of the same interests...
sports, math, science and more.
I love their relationship...
especially the fact that Walker will
still let his Daddy kiss him on the lips!;)
 I also love MY relationship with
Walker D!  He loves his mama!!!!!
I sent him to school the first day of the
book fair with $10.  I couldn't believe
my eyes when I pulled up in the car pool
line that afternoon and saw him holding
up a Justin Bieber poster and book
that he bought for ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Is that not the sweetest thing?!?
I love my boy so much!
This was one day when the kids and I came
to eat lunch with Walker and go back to
the book fair (so he could get some things
for himself!).  His teachers invited
us to the classroom to see all
of the awesome projects.
R2D2 was my favorite!;)

1 comment:

Beth E. said...

Cool school project! Walker and his dad did a great job!