Thursday, July 21, 2011

A Poetry Recital and a Field Trip

The second grade at Walker's school
had a poetry recital!
I LOVED IT!!!

Walker and his buddy Cade...
they both chose baseball poems;)
The students had to choose their own poem.
It had to be over ten lines and
had to be perfectly memorized.
Troy and Walker searched and searched
until they found the perfect baseball poem.
Walker knew upon the first day of the
assignment that he wanted his poem
to be baseball and he wanted to wear his
entire uniform!!!;)
He chose "Baseball" by James Metcalfe.
It was about twenty lines...I tried to find a
shorter one for him!  ha!;)
Mrs. Bain introducing Walker's class...
I just had to take this one of Colton...
look what shirt he wore for the recital!!!
Walker did a PERFECT job!
He didn't forget any of his twenty lines,
he spoke clearly and he looked GREAT!!!
God love his little heart!!!!!!!!!!!
(By the way I remember my own 2nd grade
poetry recital.  I was the first one to go
and forgot every.single.line of
"Eight Balloons Nobody Was Buying"!)
We were all SO PROUD of our boy!
Daddy was there, too...
I'm not sure why he isn't in any of the pictures?!?
Little Miss thought she would get
a little practice.  I'm pretty sure she
will choose the poem about a
"brother for sale" when she's in 2nd grade;)
LOVE LOVE LOVE
My one and only Walker D!!!

Also in May the second grade went on their
spring field trip to Heritage Farms.
Walker's teachers asked me to come
along...and even ride the bus with them!
Heritage Farms is a working homestead.
It was really quite interesting to see their
way of life and how nice everyone there was.
Almost untainted by the world, ya know?
The teachers suggested that the boys wear hats.
The night before I told Walker to grab one of
his hats.  He couldn't decide between his Ranger
hat or his Superman one.  He kept asking me.
I told him it didn't matter.
Finally, he grabbed the Superman one
and said, "That's the one Travis would choose!"
My poor kids hardly even know how to
hold a dog;)!  This was a beautiful little
yellow lab...just like we hope to have someday.
Walker, Matthew, Garrett
I love that Walker likes having me around.
I dread the day that ends.  :(
Mrs. Donahoo and Mrs. Bain's class...
THRILLS my heart and soul to walk by a car
and see a BE BOLD sticker.  Thank you, MO!
Melanie Massey sent these stickers that her
dad made for the benefit.  So AWESOME!
Time for homemade ice cream:)
Such a sweet, fun class.....
Evan, Cade, Braden, and Walker
These guys were my bus buddies!  ha!
I love being a room mom!!!

No comments: