Tuesday, July 26, 2011

One Year Ago

One year ago today (July 25th)
 was the worst day of my life.
Since I've already written about that day myself,
I'll let Walker tell how he remembers it.
I asked him this morning
 if he remembered.....

"Yes, we were playing in the living room and
Haddie was watching her dumb dance video,
the phone rang, and I said,
'Mom, the phone'.  
You answered it, then you went crazy,
 then you were screaming and
crying and you left. 
I wanted to go with you to see Travis."

This day truly is a celebration of the miracle
of Travis.  I can't lie that it also brings about
sadness and emotion for our family.
As much good that has come from
this accident, you still never EVER
want to see someone you love so dearly
go through what Travis has AND is
having to endure.  It's just AWFUL.
We were told early on that we just had
to get to the "ONE year mark"...that's
how long it takes for a brain injury.
Then we would know how
Travis was going to end up.
I remember telling Lynna,
"What's one year of our lives?"
Well, we aren't where we want
Travis to be AT ALL.  We aren't
naive anymore...we know Travis will
never be the same again...
but we also have FAITH and
we know that God is NOT done
performing His miracles on
our new Travis!!!!!!!
Thank God for faith......
and that it usually kicks in just when
you are desperate for it. 

In reality, today, I just miss my Travis. :(
I miss his voice, his presence,
leaning into him for a hug
from his 6'4" frame
and feeling his strength. 

I miss the Travis that ALWAYS
played and hugged and loved
on my children...no matter
where we were.  He never minded
sitting by and entertaining them at
at Fuddruckers where we always ate. :(
I just miss him and hate
that this has happened to him.
I miss his life for him.
Thank God though we do
still have him to touch and
"talk" to even if it isn't quite
the same.  He has changed so many lives
without even saying a WORD.
"You can find Me not only in beauty and
birdcalls, but also in tragedy
and faces filled with grief.
I can take the deepest sorrow
and weave it into a pattern for good."

This day is very much
feeled with mixed emotions.

"Draw near to God and He
will draw near to you.
James 4:8
I can assure you that this
verse is true.

 
Thank YOU for praying for
Travis.  God's goodness through
His people has been so abundant
throughout this entire year.

And thank you Sweet, Sweet
Jesus for the MIRACLE of Travis........

July 25, 2010

July 25, 2011
A real life miracle from God!

My thoughts on the one year anniversary...
www.caringbridge.org/visit/travisbigham

2 comments:

Brandi said...

I'm so sorry that you and your family have been through this tragedy! I wish I had words to make you feel better. I do know that God is good!!!!! I still think of your family and Travis every day!!!! still Praying!!!!

Beth E. said...

My heart goes out to you, your family, and Travis.

While Travis may never be "the same", I know that I knowthat I know that God is still working in his life. Doctors can only make predictions. God can take horrible circumstances and cause good to come from them. I've seen the good in your family every single day.

BOLDLY praying for Super T, believing God for more miracles!

Love you, sweet friend...