Friday, January 16, 2009

Thinking of Her

During jr. high and high school, I LONGED for a real, true best friend. Don't get me wrong...I had a TON of AMAZING, dear friends that surrounded me. Seriously, I was one blessed chick...but I just needed that one true girl-friend. During my freshman year in college, I met HER...and it was love at first sight (literally!). She and I met the night of our sorority initiation. It was like magic...we were made for each other!

I'm talking about Kelli Kelly. She & I were so similar...she was that friend that I could share clothes with, have a BLAST with, take forever to get ready with, tell ANYTHING in the world to without hesitating and do ALL sorts of CRAZY, fun things with (boy oh boy did we have fun!!!). I was so thankful that God brought Kelli to my life. She was well worth the wait. With her spunk, love and undying support, Kelli is a one in a million friend. Don't get me wrong, God has blessed me with even more best friends than Kelli Kelly. She's just the one that I can share half of my brain with!!! I'll say it again, I am one blessed chick.

There is no other person in this world that I have laughed, cried, or loved with more than Kelli except for my husband. She knows me and I know her. She and I can really get ourselves in AND out of trouble!!! She has been through it ALL with me and then some. And FUN?!? You want to talk about fun. This chick is mybomb.com! We make each other laugh outloud with our memories and our current lives.

Almost six years ago Kelli moved to San Francisco to follow and REACH her dreams (she rocks!). God almost always has worked for the GOOD of me, but when she moved I can't say that I was too pleased with the Good Lord up above! The West Coast is a LOOOOOONG way from ME...especially when she did it right as I started having babies. You all already know I don't travel well and I certainly don't like to leave my babies (it's a sickness!). All that being said, I couldn't have been happier for Kelli...it didn't take me long to realize that no amount of distance can keep the two of us apart.
Any day now Kelli is going to have HER first child, my GOD DAUGHTER!!! I am so excited for her and I have waited a long time to share this aspect of life with her. I can't wait to SEE and LOVE this baby girl. I can't wait to see, LOVE, and experience Kelli as a mommy. I know it's going to be amazing and FUUUUNNY! She and her husband are just the coolest. I am so excited to sit back and watch this unfold...alright, I won't be sitting back!!!

I'm writing this because this is what's on my mind these days! This baby girl, Kelli's labor (oh my GOODNESS, she drove me crazy while I was IN labor with Walker by calling non-stop! Hilarious!), and her days as a new mommy occupy a lot of my thoughts right now. I always said that if Troy never agreed to more babies after Hadlee at least I'd have Kelli & Kim's babies to ease that pain. Perhaps it's because I'll finally be a God Mommy. Speaking of, I have some big stilletos to fill after watching Kelli God Mommy MY kids! Check out these pics (still don't have my scanner up and running or you'd reeeeeeeeeally get a treat seeing us in college!)...

Kelli dressed up these little stuffed animals from Walker's nursery in his baby clothes...
Kelli wasn't quite sure what to think about
those 'first' dirty diapers! You just wait!!!
My favorite! We were in my hospital bed...
This picture was taken right before Kelli moved from Houston to San Fran... Walker has always thought his God Mommy is beeeeeeeeeautiful!!!
Her first God Daughter...
She is going to be such an amazing mommy!!!
FUN!fun!FUN! with God Mommy...
When I went to San Francisco for Kaye's
wedding, this is how Kelli & her San Fran
B/F/F Tony picked me up at the airport!
Do you see what I mean about being
FUN?!?
I just don't know what it is,
but I am thrilled and can't wait
for this bundle of joy to arrive!
Kelli...you are in my thoughts and
prayers every single day!
My phone is in my fanny pack and
my fanny pack is on ME!!!
(Kidding on the fanny pack, ya'll!). Lylas Bawlm...
God Mommy

5 comments:

Beth E. said...

What a sweet tribute to your friend, Kelli! How exciting that she is having a baby! And, how FUNNY is that picture of Kelli and Tony at the airport?! Haha

You are just the sweetest person. I love to read your blog...it's a shame we don't live closer to one another! :o)

Blessings from the Reeds said...

My prayers are with Kelli and this beautiful baby girl on the way! I can't wait to hear all about this baby. She will be loved by many! What a sweet,sweet post to Kelli. This is going to make one beautiful pregnant lady smile today!

melanie, aka Mo said...

How old is Kelly? Or is this too personal? I know you guys are younger than me, but I was just wondering with this being her first and all. I got my first at 38! I LOVE being an "older" mom. Also, what sorority? I think we have discussed this before, but I forgot. I am KD. And still close friends with several! MElanie

angie said...

Sweetness! So cool that you are getting a new addition to your family:) You are so right, great friends are such a blessing! Are you going to Cali anytime soon?

Amanda said...

You all are so cute together! Good luck to her as she is soon to give birth! I loved all of the pictures. Finding a good friend like that is once in a life time. You girls are very blessed... and BEAUTIFUL!!