Tuesday, January 20, 2009

1/20/09

~ For Walker & Hadlee ~
Today was a big day in our history.
The first African American was sworn in
as the 44th President of the United States.
Millions of people came to Washington D.C.
to watch this take place.
It was quite amazing!
The former president, George Walker Bush,
congratulated his successor and provided
an incredibly smooth transition for
the new president, Barack Obama.
We bid farewell to President
George W. Bush!
He is a man that I still admire.
I appreciate how he took care of our nation
in its darkest hour after 9/11.
Regardless of things he did in office,
I believe George W. Bush to be
a good and honorable man.
President Bush,
we'll see you out in Crawford
again and we look forward to it...
I'll never forget voting day this year.
I picked up Walker from school and
told him & Haddie that we would be going
to ROCK THE VOTE that day.
From the back seat, I hear Walker say...
"You better vote for Barack Obama."
We had never discussed anything about
the presidential election. AT.ALL.
Suddenly I was driving a little politician
around and he had a running mate.
Haddie Girl immediately picked it up
and hasn't stopped saying
"BROCK OMAMA" ever since!!!

Well, today I joined Walker & Haddie and became a fan of Barack Obama myself! I think he is just what this country needs and I am excited!!!

My prayers are with him and his adorable family as they begin this new journey leading our country!

2 comments:

Mom to the 3rd Power said...

It was a big day! I will remember, like you, voting day and the day Barack was sworn in. Washington was a sight to see!
We have some little politicians in our house, too. Gotta love 'em.

angie said...

love the history:)and Walker's shirt!