Monday, January 5, 2009

My Travis / My Macy

Have you ever noticed how I love to use
the possessive adjective "my" in front of
my favorite people's names?!?
Just something I like to do!!!
Okay, first & foremost today...
Happy Birthday to my Handsome
Nephew Travis!
He is 20 years old today (HOLD ME!!!).
We will be celebrating his birthday
this weekend and he'll get his full
spotlight on my blog after that!!!
He is my first nephew and I often
think it was at his birth that I learned
what true love is really all about.
Now on to my Macy...
It was our privilege to go see
Macy play basketball at MCC
the other night! We got decked in our
blue & headed out there!!!
MCC has this awesome dance group that
performed several times during the game.
This was Haddie Girl's impression of them...
Complete with orange starburst in her mouth!Hadlee had HUGS for everyone...
I told my Little Stud Muffin to really
pay attention to the game because
his first game is THIS WEEK
on Thursday!
Logan's season is well underway, too!
WAHOOOOOO!!!
I never knew how hard it was to play a sport
on the college level...junior, major, whatever.
It is TOUGH!!!
Macy is getting a 'free ride' but boy, oh boy...
she is working her bootie off for it!!!
We are so proud of her!!!
She still has quite the fan club...
Troy's a member, too, but he was out of town! I truly don't know what it is about my
niece and nephews...I just love them so much, it hurts!
I guess there's nothing like a sibling...so there
is also nothing like your sibling's children.
(And when I say sibling...I think of my dearest
& best of the best friends, too, who are just like
sisters to me. LYLAS BAWLM lives!!!)
Seeing their accomplishments, heartbreaks, and
everything in between has been
TOUGH, yet AMAZING!!!
And now I'm on that very same journey
with my own children.
I love my Travis and my Macy,
that's for sure!!!

6 comments:

Amanda said...

Happy Birthday to Travis and Way To Go Macy on the full ride!

Good luck to Walker this week! Mason has his first game on Saturday too!

Amanda said...

Check out my blog.. I left you an award!

Rhonda said...

I didn't realize Macy was playing college basketball - what an honor! I know it is hard work, but what an awesome honor to be awarded an athletic scholarship! MY Savannah will be terribly impressed - as I'm sure you know, she is ALL about basketball!

angie said...

That is AWESOME I always wanted to be an athlete-he he! So cool that you get to see your family so much. I also adore Hadlee's pig tails...she's so beautiful!

Beth E. said...

You have such a good lookin' family! That Travis is a hunk...I bet the girls fall all over him! Our son turns 21 yrs. on Jan. 20...they grow up waaay too fast!

Way to go Macy! I'm totally impressed. I could never run and dribble the ball at the same time when we played basketball in PE. Guess you've figured out that I'm not very coordinated. lol

Be prepared to get even busier as your kiddos get involved in sports...loads of fun, but totally exhausting! It's all worth it, though!

Blessings from the Reeds said...

Happy Birthday Travis! So handsome. Macy is such a beautiful girl. She is doing great in college! Loved Haddie and Walkman watching her game!