Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Old Man Winter

I wish we had a better relationship than we do, but it has just never been right - unless I am on a ski slope. I'm talking about my relationship with Old Man Winter. My closest of friends know about this relationship. It's really sad. I do NOT like weird foods, hot drinks or cold weather. There. I said it. I have desperately tried (and failed) to NOT pass on my aversion to A LOT of foods to my children. On this same note, I have tried to hide from them my disdain of cold temperatures. Seeing as though these pictures were taken in late November in Central Texas during our first cold 'snap' (it might have been 50 degrees), I don't think I'm doing a very good job?!?
(But, oh how cute these little gloves that God Mommy sent to Haddie last year are?!? And the adorable hat that my roommate my freshman year at Baylor made for Haddie when she was born. I think it was my favorite baby gift. Still fits, too!!!)
This week Old Man Winter shows up with his good buddy Mr. Icy! Oh yes, he diiiiii-ed. Unbeknownst to Mr. Icy, the Pierces are well-equipped to handle him with our adorable rain boots from Target (pronounced in French, s'il vous plait!).
Miss Priss has been wearing her boots (maybe hers are Old Navy?!?) through rain, sleet, shine, snow, clouds, and with any outfit available since last year. But Walker & I, we got ours out for this dreary, foggy, icy week.........





















Do you want to see mine?!?

TA DA!!! (Thanks, honey, for the early V-day present! Sorry I accidentally wore them early!!!)
Mommy can pose with the best of them........

I just have to add that I really am angry with Mr. Icy!!! VERY. ANGRY. This morning he made my mom slip and hurt herself pretty badly while trying to come out to MY car to get MY daughter and give MY son some love. Slight concussion for her. Slight heart attack for me. I'm heading to Target to get her some boots tomorrow!!!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope your sweet sweet mom is feeling better tonight. I'm sure she'll hurt tomorrow, but I hope she is on the mend. We will be praying for her and for Mr. Icy to have some compassion!!

Love me some wellies! An absolute must have for any girl toting bags, kids, and a cute outfit!! Love them, love T-dawg.....great V-day gift!

Sweet Hadlee and Walker..........use extremely care when picking out wellies for Grandma (I forgot what you call her) as they need to be stylish like yours!!

Jennifer said...

There is simply nothing better than "accidently" wearing one of your gifts a few weeks early! LOL!!! You crack me up, you little nut!

Jennifer said...

I hope your mom is okay.

Michelle said...

I read on Lindsay's blog that you have a FB. I was going to add you to my friends list but I can't find you.

Jessi -in love with her family of four said...

Too cute.. Yes, I just hate when I have to where my gifts early.:D

angie said...

Oh your poor mom! She'll love the boots:) Totally with you, ready for spring!

Blessings from the Reeds said...

Brr.....Can't wait for spring! LOVE the boots. Troy knows you all to well. I hope Grandmother is feeling better today. I am so sorry that happend. My heart goes out to her (and you).

Amanda said...

I couldn't agree more. I hate the cold, the winter.. everything about it. Bring on SPRING and sundresses and flip flops and tanks.. ahhhhhh!! Matt has a love for his froggy rain boots just like Haddie girl. Yours are too cute as well!

Beth E. said...

Your poor Mom! I hope she's feeling much better today. I can get along with Old Man Winter unless it's rainy, too. That just chills me to the bone!

You are totally stylin' in those boots, girlfriend! ;o)

Rhonda said...

I'm so sorry to hear about sweet Grandmother's accident. That is just terrible - I know that had to be so scary for you and the kids. Hopefully she won't be too sore today and I'm praying for a speedy recovery for her.

Love all the rain boots!! Fun, fun, fun!!!

Alison H. said...

Hey Mindy! I found your blog and what a surprise to see sweet lil' Haddie wearing the hat I made her!!! I need to make you a scarf, huh? I HATE cold weather too and can't wait for summer already! When are we going to get together and the kids play? You are only a little over an hour away!
Sorry to hear about your mom's fall...poor thing!

Jennifer said...

I cannot believe you fell.Yikes
I bet u looked good on the way down tho!
U r sporting some snazzy boots mama!
Be gone mr icey!

Shannon said...

Give your sweet mom a hug from me. Poor thing! Love the boots!