Wednesday, January 14, 2009

My Little Lightnin' McQueen

Hadlee and I curled up on
my bed the other afternoon while
she was sick to watch the movie CARS.
Walker was at school, and
this is what Haddie wanted to watch.
(She and Daddy LOVE to watch this
in his office together PLUS she had
cried for Bubba all day long!!!).

I just couldn't help but get teary-eyed
thinking about Walker and his passion
for this movie and the little die cast
cars he collects! He's been through
the Wiggles, Thomas the Train, and Snakes...
but I think Lightnin' McQueen has been
his favorite and longest lasting interest,
or better yet, passion!
(The apple doesn't fall far from the tree...
I still have my Strawberry Shortcake
comforter set & matching trash can!!!)

Check out my little man...
I think he is about three years old
here in his CARS pj's, hat, & flip flops!
This was EARLY early EARLY in his
collection...like before we were forced
to fight for these things, stalk the
CARS isle, and bid for them on Ebay!!!
You would not EVEN believe
his collection now!
We were/are Disney Pixar's target audience!!!
He would set up his cars every night like
this before bed...
The picture below is the little face that
I really had in my mind as I was
watching the movie.
My sweet little blond boy...
so happy & excited about going to see
the CARS movie the weekend it opened
with Daddy. They both had CARS tatoos...
Here's that same little boy...
but so much bigger!!!
In a CARS shirt STILL!!!
I took the pic below in the middle of December.
I must confess that when Walker went
back to school last week, I was so SAD.
I fretted over it the whole weekend before!
I was spoiled during the break having
him with me all day long. He is so full
of life & energy & passion!!!
He's just a joy to have around...I miss that sweet little innocent
blond boy so excited to go to the CARS
movie with Daddy,
but I love the BIG BOY he's
becoming all the same.
Luckily there are still glimpses of
my little, little guy every now and again...
like when I wake up to find that he has
crawled into our bed in the
middle of the night right in between us
without me even knowing it!
LOVE IT!!!
Wouldn't trade those moments for anything!
This little guy has blessed my life
in more ways than I could EVER express!!!

6 comments:

Beth E. said...

Such a sweet post! It's hard when our kiddos...young AND old...have to return to school. Our oldest, Billy, will go back to college this Friday. :o( He's been home an entire month...I've loved having him here! He's a third-year college student. You'd think I would be used to him leaving by now, but it actually gets harder each time. *sniff, sniff* So hang on to Walker and Hadlee as long as you can!!! :o)

Adrianne said...

Guess I'm gonna just have stop reading your blog!!! You always make me cry. (I'm too addicted though).

Way cool that Walker still loves "Cars". Seems like yesterday that we were "Thomas" crazy. Brandon doesn't even acknowledge Thomas anymore. As expensive as it was, I miss those days. I don't know if Gavin will love trains or not. Right now, he still LOVES cables, wires, outlets and anything electrical. Safety hazard run amuck!

Love your post. Also love your new layout!

Missing you!

Rhonda said...

Such sweet memories of Walker! He looks so young in the picture with Troy - goodness, he has physically grown up but also LOOKS so much more mature now! It has hard to watch them grow up! It's fun to see them grow and mature, but it breaks our heart all at the same time!

I need to scan Savannah's 5th birthday party pics for you - we had a Strawberry Shortcake party and it was THE CUTEST birthday party! I loved it!! She still sleeps with her giant Strawberry Shortcake every night, although now it doesn't look so giant because Savannah outgrew Strawberry!!

angie said...

Oh sweet Mindy:) that is such a great post! I love that he still loves the CARS movie, we like over here as well. You and Lauren should talke she was feeling the exact same way about Caroline headed back to school:) Summer will be here before you know it!

Amanda said...

I love that passion! He is so handsome. I have to admit, Cars is one of the better Disney movies so your lil guy knows a good one when he see it!

Speaking of Strawberry Shortcake, I still have my Strawberry Shortcake "blankie" that I use to carry around and suck my thumb so I chuckled when I read that you still have your bedding and trash can!

Blessings from the Reeds said...

I had to take a double look at this cause the first time I couldn't see cause of the tears. I can't get over how fast he is growing! Sweet Walker....always melts my heart. He is one of the funniest and sweetest kids I have ever known. I know where he gets that from! This is a precious post. Landry has me going back to it all day today so if you see your clicker hitting a high from Hewitt....it is us! Big hugs.