Sunday, January 25, 2009

Nephew Birthday LOVE!!!

Thursday the 22nd was my nephew,
Logan's 14th birthday!
We started off the night by attending
his game...he's #22 (how fitting!)!
Birthdays are a big deal with my family.
We pretty much always go to Fuddruckers
to eat & par-tay. It's the only place
where we can be loud and the kids (well,
my kids, can run around!).
After Logan's game, we all headed to
our spot to celebrate the BIG GUY...
It was an extra special night because
it was a double whammy celebration!
My nephew Travis turned 20 on January 5th.
When you are 20...road trips with your
friends, riding in Hummer Limos, and
maybe going to school is more
important than celebrating with your family!
SOOOOOOOOOO...we combined this night!!!
Here is my sistah Michelle with
her little boy birthday love...My children LOVE love LOVE Logan.
Haddie used to only refer to him as
Lolologodon...she just couldn't say 'Logan'
until recently. When Logan and my
other nephew Hunter are around,
there is no room for anyone else!!!
Here she is singing
Happy Birthday to her Logan Love...I am so happy when I am with all of my family!!!Here are my parents! They are the best!
Look at them in their Midway shirts with
Logan's name on the back.
They are our biggest fans in everything we do!!!

HappyBirthdaytoYou. HappyBirthdayDearLogan!!!After a quick candle change on my mother's famous and beyond delicious chocolate sheet cake (Logan's request!), we sang all over again...

HappyBirthdaytoYou.

HappyBirthdayDearTravis!!!While I was bent over taking pictures of the festivities, my sister Michelle got a shot of me...a NOT so pleasant shot I might add! I'll just say that my jeans were riding a little low that night!!! All of this took place UNBEKNOWNST to me until I noticed everyone laughing AT MY EXPENSE...Globetrotter Tickets! Wahoooooooo!!!
Well, there's our Hunter! He's 14, too!!! Such a cutie pie!Here is Haddie Girl with her Aunt Lynna! She thinks Hadlee hung the moon!!!Just one more...well, because Lynna didn't like the first one & I just think they are both beauties! ALSO...notice Haddie's bling blingin' outfit ~ from Aunt Lynna OF COURSE!!!
Walker is OBSESSED with those games with the claw and the (nasty!) stuffed animals. He is SO good at them, too! If there was a team sport for this, Walker would be first string for sure! Here is my whole gang...they ALL love to win these things for Walker & Hadlee. (I only allowed them to choose one each to bring home...the rest my mom was donating to her church!).
I just must give out some love to my Logan! I'll never forget when Logan was born. I was in college and was on a road trip to Austin. Kimberly, another friend and I had to make a mad dash to get me back to Waco in time for Logan's birth. We literally sped home and they pulled up and dropped me off at the emergency room door of the hospital! It was classic! Remember, Kimberly...it was us and Blake! What a little LOVE Logan has been!!! He has always loved to hang out with us...and of course VICE VERSA! He used to always spend the night and hang out with Troy and me. It breaks my heart that he is a teenager! Logan is so involved at school with basketball & choir, he makes good grades & he's just a good kid all around. He is amazingly good with Walker and Hadlee...it is so sweet. Logan had the whooping cough when he was three weeks old. It was awful and he was SOOOOOOOOOO sick and gave us such a scare. Look at this KID, I mean YOUNG MAN now! What a blessing!!!
He & Macy are so close...just another precious attribute!Logan's Family...
Our Handsome Logan's Sweet Little Fan...
Don't forget we were also lovin' on the cutest new 20 year old around, too!!! Here are Haddie & I trying to get a picture with the HUNK who FINALLY got his hair cut!!!!!!!!!!! I screamed with joy at Fuddruckers when I saw him! He is handsome no matter what...but moreso with shorter hair! Oh my crazy sistahs ~ what am I going to do with them?!?TIME OUT...just a little hug was needed!Finally, back to Travis!!! He was my first born nephew. I was in the 8th grade. MY sister being pregnant, his birth, and ME becoming an Aunt was like the coolest thing EVER!!! I will never forget the moment when his daddy walked him out of the delivery room to show us (a mere 20 years ago, daddies could do that!). If you doubt love at first sight, DON'T! It happened to me at that very moment. I was overtaken by it!!! I LOVED spending as much time as I could with that little guy...while he was a baby, when he was growing up and it just hasn't stopped. I loved spending weeks at a time with my sister when Travis was little. When they would come home, Travis always slept with me...even when he was a teetiny little guy. Being an AUNT is truly the bomb.com! Travis is Mr. Personality! He is full of life & he has a great heart. I had the honor of also having Travis as my student in French class! He was a riot and took (or tried to take) FULL advantage of having me at his school...for passes, hiding out, etc!!! Travis is a great guy and I'm anxious to see what his future holds. Is he really 20?!? How can it be?!? I couldn't be more thankful for him (and his hair cut!).

God gave me an extra special advantage when
He gave me my niece and nephews at such a
young age. I learned EARLY what it was like to
truly LOVE ... like the love we have with
our children. It's so different and it's
the BEST!!! It really, really is.
I can't thank Logan & Travis enough
for loving their Aunt Mindy the way
they do and especially loving my
Walker & Haddie. It's too sweet!
Happy Birthday You Hunks!!!
I LOVE YOU DEARLY!!!!!!!!!

6 comments:

CIRCLE OF LIFE said...

ok i love that outfit on your sweet daughter I want one for emma wear did she get it...love it and happy birthday , we tend to make them a big deal here too... have a blessed day .and let me know if that code you got it? ok i sent it like three times...maybe your e-mail isa backed or i'm inthe trash part hope not but maybe right?

fivemjs said...

Fun fun pics! I was going to say something but my foot started tapping with the music and it slipped out of my brain!!

Thanks for all your prayers!!

Love ya girly!

Blessings from the Reeds said...

LOVE IT! I feel like I was right there at Fuddruckers with you guys. That was such a sweet post to both boys. Such a beautiful family!!

Rune said...

It looks like you have an awesome family.

Have a blessed day.

Wib.

Beth E. said...

Happy Birthday, Logan and Travis! Two handsome young men! Looks like everyone had such a good time. You have a great family!

Our oldest just celebrated his 21st birthday. They grow up waaaaaay too fast!

Blessings...
Beth

Rhonda said...

All of those (cheap) claw game animals cracked me up!! Savannah just about always wins those things too, but I don't let her get more than one at a time! That was crazy!!

I immediately noticed Travis' haircut! Handsome young man that he is!! Looks Logan and Travis had a GREAT family birthday celebration - fun times!! Happy Birthday guys!!

Always loving your family posts!!