Sunday, December 7, 2008

Heavenly Days & Friends

I hate to brag, but I really think I have the most amazing friends in the whole entire world.
All. Of. Them. AMAZING. My sweet friend, Kaye, who now lives in San Francisco made a CD for the Na Na's (to the two of you who asked about our name...it's a looooooong, silly story...Na Na is our name and we're sticking to it. Pronounced like Ta Ta). Megan actually created the first Na Na CD with our fave songs from college a few years ago. It's an all-time fave for sure & I always listen to it on road trips with the windows down and a huge grin on my face. The CD that Kaye made us is in honor of our beautiful Kelli Belly...as in the beautiful little Petite NaNa inside her belly!!! It is the most amazing, wonderful CD I've ever heard! I just love it and have such a smile when I listen to these songs (you'll be hearing some new songs on my blog in the days to come!). It was truly a LABOR of LOVE and one that each one of us Na Na's will cherish. We love each other so, so much.
I had been a bit stressed for a few days & that's just usually not my 'thing'. I just couldn't seem to get my act together ~ I was tired & cranky with my hubby & kids. I was worried about getting my Christmas shopping done. I was behind on my pictures. I was not as organized as I like to be. Plus I just feel extra sorry for people during the holidays & that always gets to me around this time of year. ETC., ETC. These thoughts and feelings just aren't my usual M.O.D.
AT ALL. I just didn't have my groove thing going.

Along comes this beautiful CD from Kaye Bells in the mail...wrapped in pink with an 'i love you' is a beautiful pink CD with a typed message on the envelope of the case. The sweetest words written to a sweet little miracle growing inside our best friend's belly. The sweetest words to our group of friends...all from the sweetest friend. My attention immediately went to the fourth song listed as "Heavenly Day" by Patty Griffin. You are hearing it now ~ an amazing song I had never heard. With it, Kaye had written these words...

"A beautiful song by one of my all time favorite female crooners. This song makes me think of an ideal day as a parent when you can take a step away from your to-do list, hit the beach, park or the living room floor with that baby and just ENJOY that precious miracle playing and exploring with you. My strongest wish for all of you beautiful girls is that you will give yourselves as many of these heavenly days as possible with your children...after all, they are what it is all about. These days just FLY by. One day, we'll all be looking back and those heavenly days will be floating through our minds and making us feel that we've really lived and enjoyed our special blessings."
I needed this on the very day the CD arrived. Thank you to my very beautiful Kaye Bells. You are so right! Nevermind my silly stresses and my to-do list...our blessings are all that matters. Sweet Kaye, I'm thankful to God for giving me this reminder through YOU.
I'm beyond blessed by your joy, passion and kindness.
I heart you.And this, my friends, was how Stella Mindy got her Groove Back!!!(The silly two pictures above were taken on a Heavenly Day shortly after Kaye had moved to San Francisco. She had come to meet my little Walker.)
May your days be Heavenly.

7 comments:

angie said...

sweet:) I'm so glad you got your groove back! You are not alone in the stressed dept.! I think that's an annual thing for me too. Looks like you have some amazing women in your life..so blessed!

Blessings from the Reeds said...

What a beautiful song to go along with these beautiful friends. God knew you needed them in your life. They all hold a special place in your heart. Thank you Lord for girlfriends! I thank God for you:)Sweet post.

Mamaw said...

Heavenly Days and A Daughter-in-law. This post brought tears to my eyes. As you are so blessed to have such sweet and wonderful friend, I am as equally blessed to have you as a daugter-in-law. You are an amazing wife to Troy, and Mother to my little angels. Your blogs will be a great gift for Hadlee and Walker to cherish all of their lives. Love you with all my heart.

Graham said...

That made me cry! I agree with you and our blessings we need to remember daily. Don't feel guilty- it is so easy to get caught up in daily stresses! You do have great friends!

Beth E. said...

Awww...you and your friends are gorgeous! It's wonderful to have close friends you can lean on for support, and have a blast with.

This time of year stresses out a lot of people, that's for sure. I'm waaaay behind with shopping, baking, wrapping, etc. Bill is now home and recuperating from his surgery. I think I'm gonna be doing most of my Christmas shopping online this year. Bill says he would be fine at home by himself, but I'm not comfortable doing that!

Hope you have a great week. :o)

Jennifer said...

You are blessed indeed! What a beautiful friendship you ahre with the Na-Na's! Makes me smile!

Amanda said...

You are so blessed to have such a great group of friends. Funny you said that about the stress thing because I was feeling it for the last 2 weeks. I'm doing much better now that things are starting to get back in order. What a wonderful group of friends though and I am so happy for you. Love this post.