Sunday, December 21, 2008

Christmas Treasures in my House...

I have really enjoyed reading about
and seeing others' Christmas decorations!
I get super cool ideas and LONG to have a
decorator's touch & talents like I have seen
on sooooo many of your blogs!!!

Our house is filled with holiday cheer!
Nothing fancy, but all things I love...
I bedazzled their stockings myself...Walker & Hadlee's artwork continues to be my
most treasured decorations. Hadlee
made this at Miss Heather's.
See how the tree is her little hand prints...
Okay, if you think THAT is cute...wait until
you see what else Haddie Girl brought home
from Mrs. Heather's...
I think this will be my favorite gift of 2008!!!

Ahhhhh...hurt my heart! This is a Rudolph that Walker made in Pre-K (hi Mrs. Cox! love u!) and then the one Haddie made at Mrs. Heather's this year (Heather is truly the greatest!!!).

All priceless.
Including this that Walker made for our tree. It has our family on it plus a "telskop" (telescope). LOVE it.Walker brought this home when we hit the twelve days before Christmas mark. He has SO diligently torn off one loop each day. It's been a BIG deal to him...

My Sweet Little Love continues to make Haddie and me cards ~ like these two Christmas cards. He also wraps us presents (used ones) all the time.

It's not just my own kids' work I adore...how sweet is this from Kate Kate?!?

I could take a zillion pictures of ornaments on my tree ~ I think I can name where or whom every one of them came from! My mother is so sweet to bring us an ornament from all of the cool places & countries she and my dad visit!

This is a manger scene that my parents bought me while I was with them in Mexico. I was probably about nine or ten. Such a treasure...with a sweet memory!My dear friend, Mr. V, gave me this gift last week. He gave me a stain glassed angel last year. He is such a blessing to me and I will admire these gifts always!

Sweet Robin gave me this adorable red heart plate last year. I just love it! I always think of her when I look in my glass cabinets and see that plate because she has so much love to give. The plate on the right was from a sweet friend I used to teach with at the middle school. She was a dear...the best hostess I ever knew. Miss her. Nothing like Christmas pictures everywhere...especially these of my little man.
But the best one just might be this one of my sisters and me. Who knows what year...1992ish? Lovin' the big hair!!! My sisters and my Aunt Kitty spoiled me rotten in the sweetest, dearest way at Christmas...every single year no matter what. This is the only new decoration I have purchased for myself this year...I just love him & his glitter. Mo Joy inspired me to visit the Dollar Tree for decorations and yep, the Bedazzled Santa was a buck!
Kelli G. bought me this "HO HO HO" a couple of years ago...just for no reason...that's the way she is. So generous & always thinking of others. She knows how to buy for me! I love it and I have my two favorite Christmas pictures underneath it.

I have A LOT to Ho Ho Ho about!!!

My little Chloe Bo just sent me this
adorable picture in this beautiful frame!
I'll love this and her forever...
But my very most favorite Christmas treasure is
this manger scene (oh and the cute little girl, too!)...

My beautiful, talented, amazing Mother-in-Law made this one...

It is so very perfect & precious...
My Mother-in-Law is the BEST!
Thank you for the sweetest gift...
I absolutely LOVE this treasure and can't
wait to get it out at Christmas time!!!
Guess who else absolutely loves it?!? I love talking about Baby Jesus with Haddie
while looking at this beautiful creation... Sweet Haddie Girl with a KISS for Baby Jesus...
AHHHHHHHHH...one last addition & a new
forever favorite for sure!!!
My Mother just bought me this BEAUTIFUL angel
that I had my heart set on...isn't she beautiful?!?
I just love her so much!
My mother is like an angel to me so it's quite
fitting that she gave me this!!!
(It's not too often that you see brunette angels!).
Then of course we have our Christmas Tree!!!
She makes me HAPPY all day long when she is lit up!
I love to wrap gifts...and I love to give LOTS of gifts.
I also have a dreamboat of a hubby who insists
on getting ME lots of gifts to open!!!
Speaking of that Dreamboat of a Hubby...
I'll try to take pictures of our outside lights.
It's my special all white winter wonderland created by the Husby!!!

AHHHH, so much Magic at Christmas!
My mother gave Hadlee this sweet pillow...
I love my Christmas treasures!!!

4 comments:

angie said...

Hey there! Such sweet decor around your house:) It was great to see you guys this morning! I think Walker had a good in in HH. Kim Nesmith is AMAZING and every week she has super fun things planned for them to do. I hope you have a great week! BTW the bedazzled stockings are precious.

Beth E. said...

Beautiful decorations, beautiful home, precious family! What a wonderful Christmas you're having...thanks for sharing it with us!

Our Journey said...

I am loving all those Christmas decorations!!! I love how you have a story/memory for almost all of the decorations!! I hope yall have a very Merry Christmas and I cannot wait to see what Santa brings for those cuties!!

Rhonda said...

I love, love, love all your pretty Christmas decor! I'm so glad that we took pictures of everything and told the story! Hadlee's elf ornament is one of the cutest things I have ever seen! The handmade ornaments are the BEST! Hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas!