Sunday, December 14, 2008

Happy Birthday, RoRo!!!

It doesn't get much better than this...
finding a BEST FRIEND, a real keeper,
in the cul-de-sac facing yours?!?
I just happen to be that lucky!
Happy Birthday, Robin...
my beautiful friend!!!
I could do the longest post about what an amazing
Christian, wife and mother Robin is.
It would be LOOOONG & it would make you cry!
But for today, I'll just show you Ro Ro with MY kiddos...
I can honestly say that she loves MY children like her
own. When I leave Walker & Hadlee with her I have
absolutely NO worries! They always have a ball
and they are loved like no other down there!
Haddie especially loves her some Ro Ro ~
even at one day old...
Let me just tell you a little story about how Robin
and I met. When Walker was 14 months old,
he got sick and had a febrile seizure in our home.
I wrote a story about it that I might share someday.
Troy and I had ABSOLUTELY no clue
what was happening to Walker.
It was THE scariest time of my life.
The seizure lasted a long time and he was
unconscious afterwards.
Firemen and policemen arrived and really
had no clue what to do as we waited for
the ambulance to arrive.
As I am bent over my son lying in our entry way,
I look up to see a woman come running in saying
"I'm a nurse. I can help."
This was Robin and this was our first time to meet.
She immediately took over and knew
exactly what was going on and exactly what to do.
It was amazing. I'll never forget her saying to me,
"Rely on your faith. Be a mother."
Never will I forget her words.
When she walked into my home that
day, it was like an angel had arrived. I'm serious.
It was one of those defining moments of my life...
God is real and uses people as angels.
Now that I am teary eyed (I can't tell this story
without crying), you know the story of how I
met this beautiful, amazing person who I have
NO idea what I would do without now.
Also since that day, Robin has been our
24 hour on-call nurse in the hood!
Seriously!!!
I swear she knows more than most doctors!!!Robin is truly the most thoughtful person.
She is ALWAYS thinking of others and what she
can do for OTHERS. You know the verse about
'loving thy neighbor'...this girl lives out that verse.
When someone is sick or having a tough time,
Robin is the FIRST to suggest what we should do.
She is my 'house party member' at all of
my kids' birthday parties...cutting the cake,
taking pics, just anything I need!
She even loves my Kelli G like her own...

Robin is an amazing friend/hoodie. She is our ROCK! She gets things rolling for the Hoodies!When we need a par-tay, Throbbin' Robin takes charge!!! Have I even mentioned how fun this chick is?!? Are you kidding me?!? She is a BLAST!I am always thanking God for bringing such an amazing friend to my life...especially right by me!!! We share so many loves (like Days of Our Lives, fun shirts, our families, blog obsessions, etc.). It's so cool because our hubbies love each other and our kids are crazy about each other! Like I said, it just doesn't get much better than this!

I know that no matter where life takes us, this is one friend I'll have forever. I can tell Robin anything and everything. I can also depend on her for anything and everything.

Thank you, RoRo!

Robin, I love you dearly and hope you have a WONDERFUL birthday!!!

5 comments:

Blessings from the Reeds said...

Oh, make me cry! Thank you sweet Mindy. You have always been such a wonderful friend and I THANK God for placing you in my life. Today as I was thinking back to what all has happened in 36 years I thought about that momment God led me to your house. Who knew I would gain a best friend out of a scary situation? I can't thank you enough for all of the laughter, good times, and support you have given me and my family. Love you dearly Minny! Pass the kleenex please!

Beth E. said...

Awww....how wonderful to have such a great person for a best friend! This is a wonderful post. :o)

Amanda said...

Even I started to tear up reading this post. You are so very blessed to have not only great hoodies but to have a best friend right there across from you. So many of us wish we had as good of neighbors as you guys have. I loved all of the pictures of course. You guys are so much fun!

Jennifer said...

Sweet post! Friends are so very important to us girls!

I can so feel your agony when Walker had his seizure. As you know, K has had them since she was a baby and still does. It's a horrible feeling to witness that but when it's your own child - it's paralyzing. I'm glad Walker's seizure was febrile and he doesn't have to fight that monster anymore!

{{HUGS}}
J

angie said...

Well I am crying just thinking about poor Walker and those awful days! Thank God for Robin...seriously! I am so glad that you have her in your life.