Thursday, December 25, 2008

Away in a Manger

Well, in true Trendy Mindy fashion,
I'm a little nostalgic this Christmas!!!
In the hustle, bustle busy crazy & HAPPY days leading
up to THIS day, I just had to stop and think
about my babies and some favorite
Christmas pics of Walker...
I really can't believe how big my Little Boy Love is
now...especially when I see these pictures!!!
AWWWWWWWWWWW...
my BIG Boy Love AND my LITTLE Boy Love!!!
Then came along Christmas with Miss Priss!
What a sweet JOY...

Christmas 2007...

Christmas 2008 has been absolutely FABULOUS!!!

Sorry for the flashback post but I try to throw these in just for blog value in the future (for my kids!).

I have SO many things to blog about & share...we've had such a blast this week and then today and yesterday! I'll get to all of that soon!!! I've got several posts brewing in my mind & more pictures than any of you will really care to see!

As my little family of four sat down to eat our Christmas Eve EVE dinner (Sonic!) on Tuesday, I said, "Let's go around the table and say what we're most thankful for." Troy started by saying "Mommy", then I said "Daddy, Haddie & Walker" and then Hadlee said "Bubba". When it was Walker's turn, he said, "Mine is different from all of yours. I am most thankful for Jesus. It's His birthday." Walker was about to have two days of 100% all out spoiling with gifts, but at least he knows what Christmas is truly about. JOY. Deep deep down in my heart.

I did get rather teary eyed during church on Sunday as the choir sang "Away in a Manger." To think about Mary & Baby Jesus. I guess as a mother the story takes on an even greater meaning now...I tend to think so much about Mary and what she must have been feeling. To think about that little baby Jesus just chills me. WOW...that's all I can say.

This is what Haddie made in Sunday School (before they flashed our number in the sanctuary because she was crying so hard for mommy!)...

As I said, our Christmas was WONDERFUL!!!
I have so much to be thankful for, so many blessings,
and more love in my life than I ever thought possible.


Merry Christmas 2008!!!

3 comments:

Beth E. said...

Flashed your number???? Wow, you must go to a really big church.

I love the pictures and the nostalgia. It helps me to get to know your family better! :o)

Amanda said...

I'm glad it was so wonderful for you and your family!

Hey don't ever say you're sorry for all the flashback pictures... I LOVE them!!! I can't believe how many you have of Walker. I'm sad that I don't have that many baby pictures of Mason as I do with Matthew. It was before I ever had a digital camera. Anyway, they are ALL so stinkin' cute!

Merry Christmas! Lookin' forward to hearing more about your Christmas. I'm with you.. it's gonna take a couple of posts. ;)

angie said...

That Walker...wise above his years. I had no idea you got called out on Sunday...so sorry! Love the Sonic dinner:)