Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Betsy & The Girls

Let me introduce you to Betsy and her ADORABLE little girls (their sweet Daddy had to stay home on this trip)! Betsy is my dear friend from high school & has been home this week from San Diego where she and her precious family now live. Betsy and I met while playing JV basketball in high school. She was a year older than me (well, I guess she still is!). We had an instant friendship that has never ended. I know it is often cliche to say this...BUT not in this case ~ Betsy is truly just as beautiful on the inside as the outside. I've never known anyone to not LOVE Betsy. She's a keeper for sure! I can remember as a senior in high school visiting her at SMU for the weekend. I thought I was THE coolest thing ~ especially when she introduced me to Souper Salad and also LATE NIGHT tortillias at Taco Cabana on that visit! We were both Pi Phi's (she at SMU and me at Baylor) and we were in each others' weddings. Betsy is as loyal as they come and I am thankful for her friendship & all that she has taught me. I am a better person because I have known Betsy. Of course I only see her a couple of times a year now, but it's like we haven't missed a beat when we do. She has three BEAUTIFUL little girls ~ Abby, Reagan, and Hazel (she's only 10 months old so she had to miss out on our adventures!).

Friday after we ate lunch, we headed to the Jumping Party ~ a new thing for our town. A huge room filled with JUMPERS & SLIDES (what a novel idea!). The kids had a ball...
Walker is almost six & Abby just turned six...
In true Hadlee fashion, she didn't want to miss out on anything!
Here she is at the top of a big slide with the gang...
Why she went back for a second time (she didn't like it the first time), I have no idea!
Notice she is crying BIG time & they are trying to encourage her back down...

Mommy ended up climbing up to get her and sliding down. Unfortunately Betsy has
THOSE pics on HER camera (yikes!)!!! (And I have a Dora bandaid on my arm from a 'slide burn'...how do the kids not get those?!?)

Our Starburst Party...

Then yesterday we went to the water park ~ swimming, sliding, lazy rivering, more starburst, and ice cream! Here are Abby & Walker. Abby is so precious and sweet!
And here are Reagan & Hadlee! Reagan is a pure delight ~ so happy go lucky and adorable!
Water Parkin'...
So sad that Bets & her girls are on their way back to San Diego today. Betsy came along in my life at a time when I needed someone JUST LIKE HER ~ someone to look up to & learn from in many, many ways. As always, I had so much fun with her this trip. Betsy has to be the most pleasant person I've ever known. No wonder her little girls are so delightful...like mother, like daughters! I am blessed!!!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

What a sweet post! Looks like you all had a great time together and the kids are so cute as always!!

Our 2 yr olds crack me up trying to keep up with their big brothers!