Thursday, July 17, 2008

A Happy End!!!

Boo Hoo...our last day of vacation really did arrive! I can't complain...we woke up AGAIN to a beautiful sunny day...all healthy...and all happy!!! So, this is a happy end!

For the last day, I let my little bunches of love choose their own bathing suits. As my close friends know, I am not a big fan of 'character' clothing...while my children would wear nothing but if I allowed them!

I must say Haddie Girl was DARLING in her Dora bathing suit and grass skirt from Grandmother...

And my man was a cutie patoooooooty in his CARS trunks, too!

Where's Haddie?!?

She's my sweet beauty...






Mommy Lovin...

Daddy Lovin...

Two Land Sharks...



I just have to brag...Walker was a CHAMP on our trip. He pulled his own suitcase, carried his own stuff, pushed Hadlee in the stroller (well, that's a different story...lots of hills so he enjoyed the 'letting the stroller go' game!); just all in all, he was so good and GROWN-UP!!! Guess that's what happens to our babies, uh?!?
Make no mistake, there was a reason for the A&M shirts on departure day!
Walking along the Strand in Galveston (great little shops and what not)...
Walker took this pic! I sure do love this hunka hunk...
Drinking up every last bit of our vacation!!!


So, what's on the way home from Galveston? COLLEGE STATION of course! Some of you that visit my blog might not really understand the dynamics of Texas A&M, the college where my husband went. Talk about tradition - it is UNREAL. And really cool ~ even for a Baylor girl like me. Here is Walker in front of the A&M football stadium at age five:
And at age two (we also have one of him IN MY TUMMY in front of Kyle Field, but that one is NOT nearly as cute as these!!!)...
So begins a new tradition, Hadlee at age two ~ same place, same spot in her first A&M hat sent to her from Auntie Kaye Bells last week! THANK YOU, Sweet Bells ~ we love it!!! (Haddie learned to give the Aggie thumbs up ~ GIG 'Em ~ at a very young age!)...
My two favorite Aggies...
The Aggie ring is another major deal...


I think the line about A&M is..."From the inside looking out, you can't explain it. From the outside looking in, you can't understand it." Really is true!
Hey, I'm not one to be left out...so I got myself an A&M hat at the bookstore. I'm sure this thrills my parents who paid my way through Baylor.

So how do you end a week at the beach, the pool and the spa..........


Thanks for sharing our vacation with us. To my children (who will hopefully someday read all of this) and to my husband...thank you for a wonderful trip and an amazing life. Each new day with you guys is more of a blessing than the last. I'm in love with all three of you!!!

1 comment:

Blessings from the Reeds said...

Adorable!!!! Loved seeing your trip pictures and reading all about it. I feel like we got a taste of your fun! Don't tell on me but the Aggie pictures are pretty darn cute too! (my Red Raider hubby will have my hide for putting the word Aggie and cute in the same sentence. haha!)Love you guys~ The Reeds