Friday, July 18, 2008

My Mother's 70th Birthday!

Today is a very special day...it is my sweet mother's 70th birthday!!! My niece took this picture of my mom yesterday ~ doesn't she look great for her age?!?

I could not ask for a better mother ~ she is Godly, loving, kind, generous, compassionate, & always there...just EVERYTHING a mother should be!!!

I will post pics from our family celebration tonight later, but for now wanted to post these from yesterday when we went swimming...



Did I mention how funny my mom is?!? She is truly a hoot without even meaning to be. Just this morning, the kids and I called to wish her a happy birthday...as we were talking, my mom said, "Is that my caller ID going off?" I said, "Do you mean your Call Waiting?" She said, "Oh yeah, that's what I mean - the phone company made me get it." Yes, I think the last home in the United States finally has Caller ID!!! I told her how to click over and I haven't heard back from her yet! HA! Don't get me wrong, she has all of her whits...EXCEPT on stuff like this!!!

Happy Birthday to my Beautiful and Sweet Mom! I hope I can be half as good of a mother to my own children as she has been to me!

3 comments:

Rhonda said...

Oh goodness...I'm cracking up about the caller id thing....my parents STILL don't have it!!! Unbelievable...I wouldn't answer a home phone or cell phone without checking to see who it is! My mom is the same way...smart as a whip, but gets very flustered with the remote control, DVD, and all things electronic!!

Thanks so much for sharing all the info about your trip. I'm excited to check into it for our family! We are all going to Hawaiian Falls tomorrow (a big waterpark in Garland) and I will give them the scoop on Moody Gardens!

Blessings from the Reeds said...

Happy Birthday Grandmother!!!! Love, The Reeds

Amanda said...

She does look Fantastic! Happy Birthday to your mom!