Thursday, July 31, 2008

Bubba Love

Now this is what I call sweeeeeeeeeet! Walker just had to make his baby sister a card (with glitter no doubt!)! If we continue on this same path, he will be a WONDERFUL husband some day!

I am blessed with sisters...wonderful, beautiful, sweet sisters. My mother has both sisters and brothers. Troy has an older sister. But my dad, he has one sister ~ who is younger (in fact, about the same age difference as Walker & Hadlee). Based on what I know about their relationship growing up, I know that my dad took care of his little sister like no other. For instance, saving his own money to buy her a dress in junior high! I think they had a very sweet relationship ~ and still do. I often imagine that Walker is to Haddie like my dad was to my aunt.

I am taken aback sometimes when I see Walker taking care of Hadlee. Just the other night at a party for Walker's friend at Chuck E. Cheese, I watched from afar as Haddie couldn't make it up the play area to the slide. Without any prompting, Walker was quick to come all the way back down and scoop her up until she was at the slide (over and over again he helped her). Of course it's not always like this, but it sure does melt my heart when it is...

I love my Walker Man & I love how he cares for his little sister. She's a lucky little girl to have a Bubba like this!

"Brother and sister, together as friends, ready to face whatever life sends. Joy and laughter or tears and strife, holding hands tightly as we dance through life."
Suzie Huitt

4 comments:

Faithful Froggers said...

Oh, I just love all your pictures!! Walker sounds like such a great brother - how sweet of him to make his little sister a card.

LOVE the sleeping beauty pics! Those were adorable. :) Sounds like you live in a great 'hood!

Blessings from the Reeds said...

Sweet Bubba! Haddie is a lucky girl to have such a sweet brother. I think they will grow up always being the best of buds. I know she sure does adore him too!

Unknown said...

Hey Wifey...Great post! Couldn't help but post a comment this time....My favorite thing ever is to see them laying down next to each other watching TV and one will be patting the other as they are engulfed in the TV. I am so proud of both of my kids. There is not a time that I look at them and don't have this wonderful sensation that WE made these two beautiful people!

Beck said...

Mindy I loved your post! Brynne and Landon are only 18 months apart. Travis and I planned it this way so our 2 kids would grow up close in age and hopefully have a close relationship, as my sister and I do (my sister Amy and I are 15 months apart!). It is amzing to see the bond that my kids have, already, at such a young age. Landon loves Brynne so much and tries so hard to involve her in his play all day long. Brynne just watches him wide eyed with such amazement. When he doesn't know we are watching he hugs her,kisses her, pats her back and hands her the toys that have fallen just out of her reach (: It is SO sweet and makes my heart smile! I can't wait to see how their love for one another grows as they get older! Your pics are so cute. What a great card Walker made his baby sister!