Tuesday, July 15, 2008

WAHOOOOOOOO...DAY TWO!!!


As I mentioned yesterday, TEXAS ~ my fave state of course ~ unfortunately just doesn't have the best beaches. SO...along comes Moody Gardens and they get white sand from Destin and create a mock beach just four hours from us! LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!!

And look who joined us at Moody Gardens...Kelli and Kate Kate! Kelli is my best friend from forever...really, forever! And Kate is Walker's girlfriend. They were born only nine days apart & we have already arranged their marriage, really. I am working on an official post just about Kelli & Kate. We were THRILLED to have them for the day...

Kate Kate is so sweet to Haddie and they are super close. That morning Walker did inform Hadlee, though, that Kate was coming to play with HIM, not her, this time!!!

Check out Kelli & I doing the 'ole hide behind the kid trick for a bathing suit pic! Funny thing is Kelli doesn't need to HIDE!!!

We frolicked at Palm Beach, ate lunch by the water, and hit the slides...sooooooooo fun!!!

Another pic I feel is post worthy AGAIN! These two are crazy for each other...wonder if they'll do a pic like this on their honeymoon?!?

Kelli's husband, Brian (also a great friend of ours) was back in Austin working...so Walker stepped in for him in this pic!

Kate Kate joined us for a family pic! Hey, I'd take her in a New York second if they'd let me have her!!! Isn't she beautiful?

Good times...


After we rested and the kids played in the room, we decided to hit the pool. Here we are on our balcony...(the three pyramids in the background are Moody Gardens' aquarium, rainforest, & discovery pyramid).

The hotel lobby & bar might not ever be the same...

I just had to throw this pic in of Haddie Girl. The kids were doing the jumper & Hadlee didn't miss a beat keeping up with them. She went down the slide JUST like this every time. How is it that kids don't get burns from that?!? And why did I?!?

More pics for the Rehearsal Dinner Video...


Hadlee loves Kelli & calls her "CO CO"! Haddie asks for Co Co and Kate Kate ALL THE TIME!

Smores, anyone?!?

I thought this was a perfect opportunity to get a pic of my two in their camo suits...maybe not.

How about if I throw Kate in the middle? Still not. At least Kate looks cute!

After a pizza party in our room (we were too tired to get out again!), Kelli and Kate Kate had to leave (boo hoo). They were definitely a highlight of our trip. As they were leaving, Kate told Kelli that this was one of the best days of her year. Love it & love them dearly.

Walker & Hadlee crashed...so Troy fired up the HOT TUB!
Can you say HOT TUB in the ROOM!?!

3 comments:

Amanda said...

That place looks like sooo much fun and I can see you guys sure soaked up all that fun! You are all so adorable. Walker and his future bride are so cute together and I got a good chuckle out of the rehearsal dinner photo's. Haha!

Kimberly said...

I'm booking a night in the Troy Don hot tub room ASAP!!!!!!!!!
And there is NO NEED for you to be doing the "hide behind the kiddo" pose! Lovin you like crazy!

Blessings from the Reeds said...

Agree with kimberly! What are you hotties doing hiding behind the kids? You guys look good! These are sweet pictures. I am so glad you took pictures of your days. I feel like I am getting to see all the fun you had. Count us in next year! Wow, what fun!!!!