Monday, July 14, 2008

Sweet Paul


Hi friends. Today I am taking a break from my silly vacation play-by-play. One year ago, a very special little boy named Paul Saxon went to be with Jesus. While a beautiful day for Paul, it was an extremely sad day for so many of us who this little boy touched.

Several years ago, a friend of mine e-mailed me a prayer request for a little boy battling cancer AND a blog that the family had created to keep friends and family informed. I think this was the first blog I ever visited. As I began reading about this AMAZING family and AMAZING little boy, I realized that they lived in my very own neighborhood. WOW...this hit way too close to home. LITERALLY. I began e-mailing Paul's mom, Leigh, and formed a friendship with her. I would have hoped that I would be a source of encouragement, guidance and help to HER; but instead, quite the opposite happened. I met a TRULY GODLY woman and family with AMAZING FAITH living out my worst fear.

Unfortunately I never really knew Paul on a personal level. But boy did I know him through his family's blog, his interests, his mother's e-mails and his sweet smile. I just melt thinking about this little boy. He endured so very much, but he never lost that sweet little grin. He touched more lives with his courage than most of us ever will.

Paul's website had this verse on it and I'll never forget it: "This I know, that God is for me." Psalm 56:9. I still have that verse on a post-it note by my computer. It just reminds me of Paul. He really did know that God was for him...and at such a young, young age.

As I said before, through my friendship with Paul's family, I was blessed. They stood strong and relied on their faith. I would like to ask for your prayers today for Paul's family. The hurt and heartbreak they feel every single day is just un-imaginable. As a mother my heart especially hurts for Leigh...and I know what I feel isn't even a fraction of what she feels ALL THE TIME missing her little Paulie.

When I think about Paul, I think of a cute, little boy with a happy heart. He definitely taught me to have a happier heart and to keep a smile no matter what. My faith in God is stronger because of Paul's amazing life. I also learned how to really pray ~ and pray hard.

Those beautiful blue eyes and that sweet grin will never, ever be forgotten. Neither will his family. I know they walk hand in hand with grief every single day. Please join me in praying for Paul's family today.

If you'd like to read about Paul, visit http://www.saxonreport.blogspot.com/.
Love & Prayers,
Mindy

4 comments:

Amanda said...

What a beautiful post with sweet pictures of one beautiful boy.
..In my thoughts. :)

Kimberly said...

All my thoughts and prayers are with Paul's family today....

Blessings from the Reeds said...

Oh Mindy, what a sweet post about Paul. Thank you for doing this. (tears) This family is just amazing and you're right about Paul's smile. He could light up a room. I can't believe it has been a year already. He will forever be in our hearts. We are praying today for the Saxon family (really everyday). Love ya dear friend. Bug hugs~

Leigh said...

Mindy,

Thank you SO much for your sweet words about Paul. Knowing that his life has touched yours is the most comforting thing for me to hear, especially today. My prayer for him, before he was even born, was that he would pursue the Lord with every compulsion, and in the process, bring others along with him. What more can a mother ask for than her son has drawn others to Christ?
Thank you, Mindy, for your continued support, care and love for our family. You are a large part of our healing process.

Grateful,
Leigh