Sunday, October 16, 2011

A Special Award & Some Fun Stuff :)))

In the afternoons, Hadlee comes out first
and then a few minutes later Walker comes out.
On Monday, September 21st Haddie came
running up to tell me that Walker had
received an award that morning
in assembly!  She was so excited to
tell me first!!!  Of course she really couldn't
explain what it was or why, but
her thrill and joy was so precious!!!
Out comes Walker Boy and of course
he was so cool about it all!  ;)
But yes, he HAD received another
Star Student Award!
Third year in a row:)))))))))))))
Someone has to nominate students
to receive this award and then
Mr. Everett chooses among
the nominees.  Each week there is
a Star Student from each grade level.
Mr. Everett made a point to tell us
what a big deal this award is
at parent night (which I already knew).
I still don't know who nominated him
when he was in first grade (it wasn't
his two main teachers) and last year
it was Mrs. Donahoo.  I e-mailed
Ms. Swafford to tell her how proud
we were and she confessed that she
had nominated him this year! 
Sweet teacher...
She told me that Walker
exemplifies what a third grader
should be like!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Walker said he could see Haddie from the
stage freaking out and cheering for him
when he went up to get his award!!!
Isn't that adorable?!?
I love all A's on a report card and triples in baseball
and all that stuff...but nothing compares
to an award for just being good ~
listening, following directions,
giving 100% on his work,
and best of all,
being kind to everyone!
Makes this mama's heart SMILE!:) 
I am so proud of you,
Walker Dalton Pierce!!!
Now let's see about being that
exemplifying third grader
at home, too!;)))
Friday South Bosque Spirit Day!
Our theme this year is
"Life is Sweet"...
This particular Friday, Haddie was so
excited to show us that she got to
bring Max the Monkey home
for the weekend!!!
To celebrate, we had to stop for ice
cream with Max on the way home!!!
That night we took Max to the
Homecoming Game:)
Hadlee colored with Max on Saturday morning...
And they played with play-doh!
Haddie thought having Max with her was SO COOL:)
The best was taking Max to Braden's
birthday party on Sunday afternoon!!!
We gathered the whole class together
for a picture with Max.
 Look at who sneaked in the picture...
bottom row, far right;)))
Sunday night we wrote out what all
we did with Max in his folder
and made a collage of pictures with Max...
My little kindergarten girl was all
about her first "project"!
It turned out really cute!  :)
Speaking of Homecoming,
we had fun!!!
Daddy gave Haddie a mum!
I so remember my many mums from
Aunt Kitty every single year until
a boy bought me one when I was
in seventh grade.  I would anxiously await
for my mum from Aunt Kitty or Mical
to arrive every afternoon of Homecoming!
Sweet memories...
Even sweeter now seeing my hubby
treat his daughter in such a special way!:)
Happy MHS Homecoming 2011
Stud Muffin in front of our new stadium...
Make that TWO stud muffins
and one football sweetheart!:)
Hudson kicked back enjoying the game;)
Hudson gets SO into these games...
he claps and cheers like crazy!
This is Bri, a beautiful former student of mine!
Daddy and his Date:)
A very silly, Homecoming Princess!
A happy little date;)
I couldn't forget MY very special date!!!

My beautiful angel ready for dance
one Monday afternoon.
We take at 4:30 now.
My living doll:)
Big Huds jumps out of the car so
excited every morning to run up
to Mrs. Janice's door!
It's so cute!!!

As room mom to both Walker AND
Hadlee's classes this year, I had
the pleasure of putting together
TWO baskets for our carnival's
silent auction.  ;)
It actually turned out to be really easy
and I had a ton of parent support!
Walker's class had the
"Busy Family Giving Tree"...
We did gift cards to all kinds of
places for busy families...
fast food, pizza, restaurants,
even the fair:)
Would have been a perfect basket
for my busy family;)
For Hadlee's class our theme was
"Candy Land...An Enchanted Basket
Filled with Candy, Sweets
and Yummy Treats" 
I thought it turned out really cute:)
Room Mama worked hard to get it all
together!!!  But it was fun:)

South Bosque also hosted
Dad's Day one morning.
Troy was thrilled to go spend
two hours with Walker and Hadlee
at school!
Big Huds just wished he could go, too!
Haddie wore her "I heart Daddy"
shirt for this special day:)
This baby boy LOVES him some daddy!
I've never seen a kid drop whatever he is
doing faster to run to daddy when he
walks in the door from work!
Even mommy got a "Life is Sweet"
South Bosque shirt:)
All I wanted was a quick picture
with each kid in our shirts...
no problem, uh?!?
yeah right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
NEVER......
EVER.................
..................a dull moment ~
when THIS kid is involved;))))))))))))
A different story for my real twinkie...
Love BOTH my school kids so much!:)
After days and days of wondering when
it would FINALLY be here...
South Bosque Carnival Night arrived!!!
Yay!  Mrs. Decker:)
Hadlee wants to be a kindergarten
teacher at South Bosque with
Mrs. Decker when she grows up!
New precious friends from her class...
Walker & Colton
This pic cracks me up...look at Walker
looking down at little Miss Poser;)
Honey, it's probably only beginning!!!
We found Ms. Swafford on the stage
doing different, fun dances...
she snatched Haddie Girl up to join her!!!
SO precious!!!
Ms. Swafford better stick around so she
can have Hadlee for third grade, too!;)
Troy went and made Walker leave the
basketball game he was playing to also
join Ms. Swafford...I couldn't believe
that he actually did it!!!!!!!!!!!!
Love her and my handsome third grader:)
A sweet and beautiful new friend:)
Playing games...
Hudson hung out with Grandmother
and PaPa that night!
As always it was a fun night
for this South Bosque family:)
Pretty obvious that it was a super fun night;)

Fun, little October teacher treats:)
Haddie insisted on picking out Mrs. Decker
some jewelry because I had chosen
a cute bracelet for Ms. Swafford.
She chose this adorable apple necklace
and earrings from Forever 21!  How lucky
were we to find those?  They were even
 doing a unit on apples:)))
Ms. Swafford is fun to buy for...
she's so young and cute!
And of course I would buy the world
for Mrs. Janice if I could!
An angel like her deserves it!!!
(gave her the pumpkin soap last year;)
And just like that on October 1st,
they had little treats to take
to the SUH-WEET teachers in our lives!
SO THANKFUL for each of them:)
Giving thanks always and for everything to God
 the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ,
Ephesians 5:20

1 comment:

Beth E. said...

Wow...congrats to Walker for his award! Looks like the carnival night was great fun. I love the pic of the three kiddos passed out in the car! Lol

Such wonderful memories for your precious family. Love it!