Wednesday, October 5, 2011

First Day of Kindergarten and Third Grade

New RED Texas Ranger 'Young' Jersey:  Check.
Superman Lunch Kit:  Check.
Under Armour Backpack (last year's):  Check.
Long, Kinda Messy Hair:  Check.
Phiten Baseball Necklace:  Check.
Happy, Healthy and Handsome:  Check.
READY FOR THIRD GRADE:  Check!!!
Wanting to be JUST like Big Brother:  CHECK.
Really only 19 months old
and going to Mrs. Janice's:  Check.
Sweet little girl happy and anxious for her
first day of Kindergarten:
NO CHECK!!!
Little Miss Haddie woke up okay...
but while eating her breakfast,
the tears began to fall and did NOT
stop! :(((((  This totally caught us off
guard and broke our hearts!  :(((((
"Mama told me there'd be days like this..."
ha!!!  This was just so NOT how I had
envisioned our day to be!!!
I sure was thankful for
South Bosque Elementary...
AND this handsome third grader
who was ALL smiles!!!
Haddie.was.NO.smiles.
SO.so.SO.Sad. :(((
Thank Goodness Brother went straight in and
hung with his friends!!!  Such a stud! 
He had been asking me if I thought
Hadlee would cry and I was always like
"NO WAY!"...maybe Walker knew
better than mama did!!! 
I love me some 3rd grade buds!!!:)
Walker went to his class with his friends.
Troy and I took Haddie to her class...her tears
never stopped flowing...
allllll the way down the hall.
God bless her heart!!!  It.Was.Awful!
Honestly, I think even Daddy was
teary-eyed!!!  It was terrible being
"that" parent with the crying child...
knowing the other parents were hope
hoping that this didn't set off their child!  ha!
We finally just had to give one last hug
and walk away.  I knew she was in good
hands with Mrs. Decker...but
wooooo nellie................this hurt my heart.
Guess whose tears began to fall on the way out
the door?  That would be mama's! 
Thankfully, the principal and counselor
encouraged me and told me that she would
be just fine.  Grandmother, Aunt Lynna,
Aunt Michelle, Kelli G and Robin
had all called or were called.......
and I don't doubt there were some prayers
in motion.  As I was pulling into the high school
parking lot (not FIVE minutes from the 
elementary), Kelli G was calling to tell me that
her mother had already checked on Haddie
and she was NOT crying and was happily
coloring!!!  Say what?!?  
Within that same hour,
I received this picture that Mary G
had someone take for me.... 
Notice the sweet girl in the front!!!!! :)))
God provided such sweet angels that day.
I received e-mails from more than one
person at South Bosque who had gone
to check on Haddie in the classroom
and at lunch and she was JUST FINE!!!  :)

I even got this picture from a mommy friend
of these cutie pie THIRD graders...
Bryson, Walker, Cade, Braden & Taylor
All friends since kindergarten and even
before actually and all but Cade are
MHS teachers' kids;)
(Yes, Walker is one of the tallest in the third grade!!!)
It was still a LONG day waiting so
anxiously to go get her and Walker D.
Grandmother, Huddy and I made a Target run for treats;)
Stinker Pot Pie didn't know what to think
about not having brother and sister
all day long!  I think he thought
he could move back to the third row
and steal their spots!!!
Finally 3:20 arrived and Mrs. Decker's class
was the first group out!!! :)))
Hadlee was happy as can be!!!
Walker wasn't too far behind her and
still as happy go lucky as a kid could be!
The thrill of the day:
they saw each other ONCE!!!  :)
AND that Grandmother had made
them their very own pumpkin
spice cakes.................
This mama had only one thing left to do that day.
RE-STAGE some first day of school pictures!!!
Even Huddy got his "man purse"!!! ;)
AHHHHH....much more like this silly
Mommy had planned the morning
of August 24, 2011 to be like..................
Ready to conquer the Third grade
and Kindergarten!!!!!!  ;)
Healthy AND Happy!!!!!!!!
I even made Walker do some re-takes
without the 'sleepy' look working for him!
Truth be known, I might start
doing first day of school pictures
after the fact from now on!!!  ;)))
So, why the tears that morning?
According to little Miss Hadlee McCall,
she didn't want to leave Hudson:(((
Actually this picture is really how I
would have thought our first day
pictures would go...this is more
typical of the STORM!!!
Tears of sadness that morning.
Tears of LAUGHTER that afternoon!
Halleluiah!!!!!!!
Darling "H" shirt ordered off Etsy:  Check.
Hot pink tu tu skirt:  Check.
Matching Headband:  Check.
Twinkle Toe Light Up Sketchers:  Check.
Polka Dot Monogrammed Backpack:  Check.
iCarly Lunch Kit:  Check.
Happy:  Check.
Silly:  Check.
SWEET as can be:  CHECK!!!
Ready for Kindergarten:  Check!:)))
 For I know the plans I have for you,”
declares the LORD,
“plans to prosper you and not to harm you,
plans to give you hope and a future.
Jeremiah 29:11

No comments: