Friday, October 14, 2011

Grandparent's Day(s) & New (Boy) Friends :)

This year Grandmother and Mamaw
had to attend TWO Grandparent lunches
at South Bosque!!!
The first day was for the kindergarten
classes...Mamaw could not go that
day becuase of a doctor's appointment so
I joined my mother (really because
I wanted a reason to see how
Haddie was doing at school!!!)
A little treasure for Grandmother.....
A treasure for Hadlee...Grandmother!
Sweet, new friends:)
Haddie Girl was so precious
showing us around her school.....
I LOVED it when I found this...
My sweet girl's art work
 has some personality!!! ;)))
AHHHHHHHHHH...
This is Cannon.  His brother is a friend
 of Walker's and is actually in his
class this year.  Troy and I have
become friends with their parents.
Handsome "Cannonball"!
(He already had told his mom that
Hadlee is the cutest girl in the class!  ha!)
Grandmother and I LOVED being
with Hadlee in her classroom! :)))
These boys asked me to take their picture
with Haddie Cakes ;))))
This adorable little boy's name is BRIGGS.
He has been quite the talk in our house.
In fact, one day Hadlee couldn't get
out of Troy's truck quick enough to
catch up to Briggs!?!?  Daddy and Walker
didn't know WHAT to think about that one!;)
Briggs actually came up to me this day
and said, "Hi, I'm Briggs and I just
hugged your daughter!!!"  I about fell
over and told him that I would be
sure NOT to tell her daddy!!!
The next week I had a parent/teacher conference
(required during the first six weeks) with
Mrs. Decker.  She bragged on our little angel
and told me how she was right on track
and/or above average in certain areas.
Mrs. Janice prepared Haddie very well
academically!!!  She also told me that Haddie
didn't say a word the first three days
of school, but that she was definitely
coming out of her shell and doing great
playing with friends and seemed to be
so happy at school (which I already knew that!).
Mrs. Decker got a big kick out of it when
I asked if Haddie was boy crazy?!?
She said not that she had noticed!!!
Troy and I just had to ask with all
this BRIGGS stuff going on!!!;)))

Hadlee and Taylor
On our way out we just happened to
notice some really cute third
graders having lunch!!!
I so love having a boy! 
Little boys are just something else;)
I knew I wasn't going to be able
to come back the next day to take
pictures so I snapped this one...

The next day was Grandparents' Day for
the third graders AND also Mamaw
was able to come have lunch and a tour
with Hadlee!  Mamaw brought Hadlee
McDonald's and they had a fun time!
I just wish I had been there
 to take their picture:(

Grandmother joined Mamaw for
lunch with the Walker D!
It was Burger King for him;)
 AS ALWAYS, Walker loved having
his grandmothers at school with him
and getting to show them all around
(even though he "had to miss playing
kick ball at recess"!!!!!!!!!)

He is SO proud because Mamaw
bought a book for the South
Bosque Library in Walker's honor!!!
(Hadlee didn't want her to buy
one for her...she is a silly girl!).
This is the book and Walker got
to be the first one to check it out
when it arrived...
This treasure will always be in
the South Bosque Library from
Mamaw to her beloved Walker!!!
I would have given anything to have
known my mother's mother
and even to have known my real
Mema like my sisters and cousins did
(she had a debilitating stroke when I was two).
Both were AMAZING and SWEET ladies.
I do know that much!!!
I'm so thankful that I feel adopted
by Troy's AMAZING grandparents. 
I hope my children never, EVER doubt
how fortunate they are to know and
 love their grandparents. 
They truly are treasures!!!

It is as grandmothers that our mothers
 come into the fullness of their grace. 
~Christopher Morley

No comments: