Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Meet the Teacher(S) and the Night Before

I was taken aback by this little angel
when we were getting ready to leave
for Meet the Teacher night...
While I was admiring her little features,
she looked up and told me
 she was "reading"! 
My sweet little girl...
growing up right before my very eyes.
Missing two teeth, pretty
as can be, sweet as everything,
and going to kindergarten!
We went straight to meet Mrs. Decker!!!
Everyone LOVES this lady and we
are SO thrilled and THANKFUL to have
her as Haddie's first teacher!!!
Rewind to back home...
this THIRD grader would have nothing
to do with me taking his picture.
Just.Too.Cool!
ha!!!  Such a little stud muffin!
He was so excited to go up to the school
to meet his teacher and see his friends!
We ALL enjoyed meeting Miss Swafford...
she's gorgeous, young and sweet!!!
I'm thinking Troy might be more involved
in volunteering in the classroom this year.
Kidding!!!  But we sure do
love Miss Swafford...she's perfect for us!
Sweet girl hanging out in
brother's classroom;)
I love South Bosque Elementary for so
many reasons.  It's a HAPPY place...
and my kids love it and we love
all the people there. 
I just can't believe that I have TWO
enrolled there now!!! ;)))
Probably won't seem like that long
and we will have ANOTHER enrolled there!
God bless their hearts...
Hudson might be the spoiler!!!  HA! ;)))
Happy Mommy with her THIRD grader
and her KINDERGARTENER!!! 
Somebody HoLD Me!
Our Little Lady...Five Years Old...
August 2011 :)
Forgot to take daddy's picture at the school...
got it when we went to eat
pizza afterwards though!
To say I was taken aback that week would
be an understatement...there were just many
moments when I had to stop and kinda
take it all in like a big girl! ;)  ha!
Like looking NEXT to me in the
car to see this handsome YOUNG MAN
riding in the front seat............
(only an occasional treat by the way!)
Troy and I talk about it all the time...
Walker is just so BIG and independent
and such a little man with his own personality.
He even has some 'tude working which
we are often having to 'correct'!  ;)
But more often, though, he's
just a sweet kid with a BIG heart....
and he's so handsome!
Of course I had my kindergarten mommy moments, too!
With Hadlee being my one and only little girl,
that's really special.  I mostly was trying to
prepare myself for missing her in the afternoons.
She's such my little friend.  I went through
the same thing when Walker started to school.

The night before kindergarten, when Haddie
Girl got out of the bath, I wrapped her
in her pink hooded towel from when she
was a baby and picked her up and
yelled, "SURPRISE...it's a girl!".......
she loves for me to do this
and Walker loves to roll his eyes over
how much joy Haddie and I get from it!

Then it was time for a mani/pedi...
a MUST for every sweet little girl
going to kindergarten! 
I.love.her.little.piggies!!!
As she was crawling into bed that night,
the little stinker asked me to bring
her the iPad, her iTouch and
Walker's DS.  HA! 
At least, she's technologically advanced!!!;)
My favorite moment from the night before
kindergarten had to be during bath time.
Hadlee has never really had a little girl
be mean to her...and I know that WILL
happen in school (I just PRAY it's
not ever MY children being that way!).
So while she and Walker were in the
bath, I just casually mentioned
how we should always be nice
even if others aren't being nice.
I didn't have to go much further
because Big Brother took care of the rest,

"Haddie, if someone comes up and says
'your shirt is stupid' just say, 'I know!
This is my stupid shirt!'  UNLESS
it's an A&M or Ranger shirt you have on!"

Hadlee's response,
"If someone says that to me,
I'll just tell the teacher."

Both should do just fine in school!  ;)

No comments: