Thursday, October 20, 2011

AnYthiNG, Why and an Answer

Travis...I would give anything
ANYTHING for all this to not
have happened to you. 
I would give anything to have YOU back.
  ANYTHING.
I have run into a couple of Trav's friends this
week.  Not close friends...but people that
knew him and of course they asked about him.
Both times the tears just rolled down
my face as I talked about him
and as I walked away from the friends.
Why Travis? 

Sometimes I just can't help it.
I have to ask God, "Why?"
I know that it's okay to ask why...
I know God understands.
I think He has been wanting me to find
an answer and I've just not
been able to wrap my mind around
an answer good enough. 
...Until the other day when my
 blog friend shared this from Beth Moore's
Bible study on Daniel:

"Our God is able to deliver us, Beloved.
Every time!
And how often He does!
If ever He does not and the flames of death
or tragedy consume us,
it is to light a fire somewhere and in
some heart that can never be
extinguished. 
Trust Him to the death.
Trust Him through the death.
In the blink of an eye,
we'll understand."

I love these words on so many levels ~
God truly does deliver.
Over and over again.
I pray it is MY heart or better
yet that my heart is one of
many who can never be
extinguished because of this
tragedy with Travis.  I love the
"TRUST HIM" no matter what
and the "in the blink of an eye".......
indeed, INDEED,
we are merely living in the blink of an eye
and then we'll understand.
We will understand WHY! 
That answer doesn't take away my
desire to give anything to have Travis back...
whole and healthy, the way he used to be. 
BUT it certainly helps.
A beautiful, hopeful answer to "why"! 

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

So true, sweet friend. I wish I was there to give you a humongo hug and you were here to give me some of your new baby mojo. I am doing better this time though! I love love love you all and think you, your family and TRAVIS should write a book. Ok? k.