Saturday, October 22, 2011

For this child,

I prayed...  1 Samuel 1:27

I'll never forget one day in college
when Kelli or Kim (I cannot remember
which one or if it was both!) told me
 that her mother has been praying for her
future husband since she was a baby.
I just remember hearing that and
for some reason it really struck
me.  I mean WOW...that is an
awesome prayer for a mother to be
saying WELL in advance for her
daughter.  I decided right then and
there that I wanted to be a mother
who prayed like that. 
I have no doubt that my own mother
has prayed for my sisters and me
and her grandchildren every single
day of our lives.

If there is one thing I CAN do
in this world, that is PRAY...
especially for my children.
I still have the notes that I took
in my New Testament class at
Baylor University on "how"
to say a prayer.  ;)
I began saying prayers like this
when Travis was born...
they have done nothing
but itensify as I had my niece,
more nephews and most definitely 
my very own babies.   

I have a ritual every single night and I've
done it since Walker was the baby
sleeping in the crib that Hudson
now sleeps.  Before I can crawl into bed,
I MUST go and peak
and often touch, kiss or just stare at my
three babies in their beds. 

It is my nightly ritual. 
I make THREE stops now.
I literally think sometimes I have
a little extra skip in my step
when I stand in the hallway
of their rooms and realize
how God has blessed Troy
and me with these three
precious, sweet children. 
And with each stop comes a
prayer for each of my babies....

The other night I just wanted to capture
each of them in their beds,
sound asleep exactly like they
sleep at this point in their lives. 

Walker always sleeps completely covered up.
Hadlee sleeps with NO covers and
wakes up almost every night and
comes to our bed because
"I need daddy to scratch my back."
Hudson sleeps flat on his back
when in his baby bed (which he
really isn't very fond of!)  ;)

I love my nightly stops, prayers
and "Thank You Sweet Jesus" moments. 
I remember my mother's prayers and
they have always followed me. 
They have clung to me all my life. 
~Abraham Lincoln

If you have a mom,
there is nowhere you are likely to go
 where a prayer has not already been. 
 ~Robert Brault
If ever I could write a song for my children,
this would be the song.
It's called "I Couldn't Love you More"
by Matt Hammitt & Jason Ingram.

In the night
He is with you
At morning light
He is with You
Do not fear
For He is with you
When I'm not here
He is with you

I couldn’t love you more
I couldn’t love you more
No, I couldn’t love you more
But somebody does
Jesus

Rest your eyes
He is with you
I pray you find
He is with you
When I let go
He is with you
And I can know
That He is with you

I couldn't love you more
No, I couldn’t love you more
No, I couldn’t love you more
But somebody does
Jesus

You are mine for a moment
But you are His
Forever His
And in this life
I am holding You
But in His arms you live

I couldn't love you more
No, I couldn’t love you more
No, I couldn’t love you more
Oh, but somebody does
Jesus

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tpi7U-D8m5I

Youtube it and love it!
"All of Me" is amazing, too.  :)

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

You can't do that to a momma who just gave birth! Buckets of tears. Oh- and it was ME who told you that. Hee hee....maybe...

Blessings from the Reeds said...

You are amazing! This was precious and heartfelt to read.