Monday, March 8, 2010

Snapshots

I guess you could say that I am obsessed
with pictures. I really think it's because
I am so afraid of forgetting moments.
Somehow I think if I capture every
sweet moment that I possibly can,
then I won't ever be able to forget them.

My mother gives me her digital camera
whenever she is ready to have her
pictures printed. God bless her heart...
she doesn't know how to get her
pictures from her camera to her computer.
I was so pleasantly surprised when I
downloaded her pictures the other day
to find more priceless moments from
Hudson's birth that she captured.............

Look at the JOY.......PURE PaPa love with sweet cousin Mical who got up soooo early to be there for Hudson's birth!My beautiful Kelli G......she's been there for all three of my babies!The two men in my life looking on as I told Walker and Hadlee the news!A picture of THE OTHER BABY..........the one my family thought was Hudson for about thirty minutes in the nursery!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!There's my sweet baby.............Thank you, God.........Ummmmmmmmmm, that's funny...everyone told me that Hudson never cried while in the nursery!!!His first bath! I love these expressions...........Love that comb over hair style...he looks like a grumpy, little old man!!!THE ARRIVAL of the TWO V.I.P.'s!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I really wish I could have seen this all go down...unfortunately I was down the hall sick (thank Goodness that didn't last long though!)! So sweet...Aunt Michelle was so happy. If she wasn't trying to help me, then she was with my babies.
I can remember everyone coming down the hall going ON and ON to me about how Walker was acting. Everyone was amazed at his excitement and his love for his new baby brother. That has yet to cease by the way!!!This picture kinda breaks my heart. I think my sweet girl was so overwhelmed that day. This was all so hard for her to grasp. She's my little shadow and I know everything was hard for her to take in AT FIRST. She is a mommy's girl and she has such a sweet tender heart. These two were a HOOT especially over the whole wrong baby fiasco!Beautiful Lynna...she has always mothered me and that's what she was doing right here!This is a classic picture to me. After I had Walker, EVERYONE cleared out and followed him to the nursery to watch his first bath. A nurse wheeled me to my room and I looked up only to find my sweet Uncle Ron and my precious little eight year old nephew. They were the only two who followed ME. Wouldn't you know there's my Uncle Ron sticking with me this time, too! He'd do anything in the world for me...........actually for anybody. I love this man.I am so thankful for these snapshots that my mother took. They brought back such sweet emotions for me!!! Just one more I found on her camera that I didn't have. This was day two ~ Troy couldn't wait to get back from staying the night with Walker and Hadlee so he could get his hands on his newest little love.........

The next series of pictures were all taken on my iPhone. I often forget that I have a camera on that thing and I always forget what pictures I've taken with it. SO FUN to browse through them and see what I find....................

Hanging out at Books a Million. Reading is NO BIG DEAL to Walker now. He can read anything and he loves it! Uhhhhhhmazing.
Little mommy helping out the first morning Hudson was home with us...
I was talking to my little boy love forever on this particular morning. I video taped him and took pictures of him with my camera and my phone. Sweetest baby EVER.
I remember taking this one when Hudson and I were camped out in Hadlee's room because of the swine flu that had invaded our house. Walker said that Hudson kept looking around that room thinking "please paint this blue"!
He was two weeks old and I swear he was trying to smile at me!
Little monkey...
Another picture taken during the illness week........Troy and I were so exhausted and drained, yet SOOOOOOOOO happy.
Playing beauty shop with Sweet Girl one day. Her hair is so long now!
Thumbs up to our sweet lives, right Walker?!?

So thankful for all of these snapshots...............................................just in case I do ever forget!

2 comments:

angie said...

Oh Mindy you could do 1,000 posts about HJP's sweet arrival and I would adore each and every picture. What a sweet gift from your mom! I love the candid shots, priceless!
we've had strep and the stomach thing AGAIN but as soon as we're all well for 24 hours I am coming over!!!!

Beth E. said...

What a find...those are some great pictures!

The pic of you with Kelli G....I've seen that same smile and facial expression (that you have in the pic) on Hadlee!