Wednesday, March 10, 2010

R.I.P. Big Blue

Walker's beloved Big Blue went to
fish Heaven during the night.
Big Blue was Walker's first pet.
He got him for his seventh birthday.
Big Blue was such a fun little fish.
It was like he would talk to us and look at us
(well mainly Troy!).
Funny story right after we got Big Blue,
Troy asked Walker,
"Have you fed your fish?"
And Walker said, "What fish?"

Walker did love Big Blue..............
moreso than we actually thought
(after seeing Walker's tears this morning!).
Troy and Big Blue were especially close.
I've never seen anyone take better care of a
fish. T-Daddy changed his water all the time,
fed him, and took such wonderful care of
Big Blue in his last few weeks.
We knew Big Blue was sick and Troy bought
him a heater and different medicines
trying to save him (you think I'm kidding...
but I'm NOT!). In fact, I recently told
someone that our newborn baby was
easier to care for than our fish!!!
There is already talk of a Big Blue II or
Big Blue Jr. (like for tonight!),
but our first Big Blue will never be forgotten.
8/27/09 - 3/10/10

3 comments:

Alison H. said...

Awwww...so sweet! Caroline has a male beta named "Princess" and she thinks she has trained it to blow kisses. We have had it for more than a year. I think the trick to longevity is to skip a day or 2 of feeding it. I am sure the next one will be just as loved!

Beth E. said...

Poor Big Blue. Now I'M feeling kinda blue! ;-)

Tell Walker...and Troy...I'm sorry for their loss. I'm sure Blue Two (Too?) will be well loved.

Shannon said...

Am I supposed to be laughing at this sweet post? Well...I have to admit, it made me giggle! I love the thought of Troy trying to work some miracles on Big Blue and already talking of getting a new one TONIGHT! Love it all!