Tuesday, March 2, 2010

35 and Holding

Today was my 35th birthday.
I'm not "35 and Holding" because
I'm afraid of getting older.
I'm wishing to hold on to 35 because
I LOVE having a seven year old, a three
year old, a six week old, a husband of
ten years, a wonderful family
and the most amazing friends EVER.
Life is really good right now
and I'm trying not to take a minute
of it for granted.

In fact, I had several
"Stop and give God the Glory"
moments today. One happened
first thing this morning before Walker
left for school. I walked into the living
room to find these three angel babies
watching TV togther.
There they are...THREE of them!
Made my birthday heart melt!!!
I spent my birthday morning with
the newest love in my life.
He is perfectly pleasant and he has
swept me off of my feet!
Just indulge me on these pictures...
ALL sweet smiles for mama's birthday!

God love his little heart...he is wearing Walker's precious Polo onesie!

Silly boy actually gave me his very own birthday present this morning. His umbilical cord thingamajiggy FINALLY fell off (proof positve that my kids have attachment issues to their mommy!). YES, it took six weeks and a visit to the doctor yesterday to give it a little help to fall off. A belly button for my birthday...PERFECT!

His tongue trick...
Hudson...
will you please spend every birthday
morning with me for the rest of my life?!?
My other two bright eyed beauties OF COURSE
made my day, too! They were SO EXCITED
for Mommy's birthday. BOTH remembered
to wish me a happy birthday
as soon as they woke up.
I will treasure my Star Wars and Icarly
cards from them for as long as I live!

The Hoodies and several other sweet, dear
friends hooked me up with wonderful gifts.
I'm ALWAYS reminded on my birthday
of just how many amazing people there
are in my life. Again, gotta give God the Glory!
Also, how about Facebook to be able
to hear from so many on your birthday?!?!?
My wall has never seen so much fun action!

Tonight it was off to one of my favorite local spots to celebrate with my entire family! I was MOST excited to take this little baby boy.......................

and this sweet girl.............................

and this fun loving big boy.........................

I was all about my cake from T-Dawg. My honey of a hubby knows how to hook a girl up on her birthday!!! Thank you for everything, T-Love!!!

Do you know how much it means to me that my three nephews and my niece still come around to show me birthday LUV?!? Means the world to Aunt Mindy!!!

To be honest, it actually means the world to me
that my parents, my aunt, my uncle, my sisters,
my brother-in-law and my cousin will
all show up for my birthday, too!
Little Bubba Love slept the entire time.............
Until I just had to try to wake him up...........
What ONE other thing might I possibly
want for my birthday?!?
How about ONE good picture with my three loves?!?
NOT.GOING.TO.HAPPEN.
The threats from everyone watching
didn't even phase these crazy kids!
What if I just try ONE kid for the picture?
Nope, Hudson is already siding with his
siblings........it's NOT.GOING.TO.HAPPEN!!!"On your March Get 2nd GO."
This was a fabulous birthday!!!
Thank you to ALL of you
who made it just that!

11 comments:

Jennifer@Pieces of Me said...

Happy Birthday!
You have such a beautiful family!
I agree about getting a perfect picture. they are few and rare!
Enjoy your babies while it lasts! They growww sooo fassst!

Kimberly said...

Oh Jimmy Crack Corn!!! I love your b-day gift from Hudson. What a lucky mommy! And yes, you had more FB messages that anyone I have ever seen. Love you like crazy!
xoxo

Beth E. said...

Awww....Mindy, I'm sorry I missed your birthday. We've been with the Dietz family, and I just haven't been on the computer the past couple of days.

Looks like you had an absolutely WONDERFUL day. May God continue to bless you in the coming year!

Love you,
Beth

Caryn said...

Happy Birthday!!!!

Unknown said...

So glad you had a wonderful Birthday. You have such a precious family. My little Braxtons umbilical cord waited until he was 8 weeks old to fall off.

melanie, aka Mo said...

Happy Birthday, Mindy! WIshing you three sweet babies every morning for every single birthday forever and ever.
What's better than that?
Mel

Brandi said...

Happy birthday!! Looks like you guys had so much fun. Loved all the pics. The one with Hadlee's crazy face is too cute. What a lucky girl you are!!!!

angie said...

Happy late Birthday!!! That looks like a fantastic day to me:-). I forgot how close our bdays are, must be why we're both so awesome-he he! That HJP is just precious in those little jeans...already a little heart breaker!!
Thanks for your prayers, we had a really great time but it feels SO good to be back home and no more habla espanol. See you soon! You look Beautiful Mindy.

Bekah F. said...

Happy birthday! Looks like you and the fam had a great day! Hudson is getting so big! Lovin' his sweet smiles!

Katie said...

What a happy birthday!! Love your pictures. Everyone is so happy! You are blessed. ; )

Kelly said...

Hi Mindy...
I am a friend of Kimberly. She once sent me to your blog to show me how cool it is. Love it! I check in from time to time. (I also have a surprise blessing) she was sent to me at 41... eek! Enjoy!
Just wanted to let you know (if you didn't already) that you share a birthday with Dr. Suess! That is celeb status with the 1st grade set:)
Happy Birthday!
Kelly