Thursday, March 4, 2010

Land Shark

HELP!!!There's a SHARK riding in the back of my car!

Thankfully, this shark isn't scary or mean at all!
We were heading to this shark's
first grade program!!!
Of course sometimes this shark
can be a little scary................
Thursday, February 18th was
Walker's First Grade Music Program.
It was called "GO FISH"
and all of the kiddos were different
creatures of the sea!
This was Hudson's debut at
South Bosque! Walker was SO PROUD
to finally take his baby bro to his school!!!
Walker's FAN CLUB...

The program was WONDERFUL!
The students were told what fish
they were and then we were
responsible for their costumes.
I was amazed at some of the costumes
and so thankful that Walker was
just a grey shark (he really
wanted to be a grey shark!).
His costume was easy...the teacher
suggested a grey warm up suit
with eyes on the hood. That is
just what I did and when I showed it
to Walker the night before he
quickly informed me that he needed
TEETH! There I was at 11:00 pm
on the night before the program
typing homemade shark teeth into
google!!! Thank Goodness I did!
He would have been the only
shark without teeth.............
mommy would have been eaten alive!
The show was so awesome!!!Walker and his friend were actually
rapping sharks. They did such a fantastic job!
I had no idea my son had this talent!!!
Let's hope he doesn't make a future out of it.

Walker rehearsed his rap all week long.
Troy and I are still rappin' it!!!
We were cracking up during
the entire program because Walker
had this 'shark' face working!!!

The kids and the songs were adorable.
The theme was accepting and embracing
everyone's differences. Just awesome!!!
Check out those shark teeth on the top row!!!
This first grade class is wonderful.
I love the friendships that Walker is making
AND that Troy and I are making with
the parents. Such great people!
I was all about my cute, fun loving
land shark!!!Sweet Girl just happened to go
dressed in the theme... Our Little Shark was perfect
during the entire performance.
He slept his way through it.
The only time he stirred was in between
songs when it was quiet!!!The shark with his best
sword fish friend...Pre-K Buddies...Hope and pray this school of fish
stay friends forever!Scary sharks, a funny fish and a crazy blowfish!!!The two BEST first grade
teachers in the world!!!My favorite sea creatures...
Having all three there makes this
Mama Shark SO HAPPY!I'm sure Hudson will have a signature
pose before I even know it!
Pierce Party of Five
Walker's sweet and beautiful
music teacher!!! We love Mrs. Flowers!Grandmother has been down with
her hip, but last minute she said
she just couldn't miss out...Showing off the fish he drew and painted...
Little Miss Pink Octopus LOVES
being at her Bubba's school with him...
Nothing like a great family pic...
I am so proud of our shark!
He was SO excited for this program, learned
his lines so well and performed like
the STAR SHARK he is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5 comments:

Beck said...

How cute Mindy! Great job on Walker's costume. I sure wish you had a video of your little rap star!!

angie said...

WOW! That's a handsome ...I mean scary looking shark! Nice work on the costume. I just love seeing the Pierce party of five pictures, that just made my day!

Blessings from the Reeds said...

That has to be one of the cutest things I have ever seen! Lovin' the shark! Oh Mindy, we are rolling over here at Walker's rapping skills. I HAVE to hear this one soon. Such a sweet and fun program!!!

Kimberly said...

OMG Mindy! Wish I could have been there to see it! CHloe is in a huge shark/Nemo phase. She would have loved it! Maybe I will make her a shark hoodie for fun! Hee hee.

Beth E. said...

That is so sweet...and Walker is looking very scary with those sharp teeth! Tell him I looked at his picture and said, "Eeeek!" ;-)

What a cute school program, and what a clever costume idea!