Thursday, March 25, 2010

Hadlee

My sweet, beautiful baby girl, my Hadlee!
You are the light of my life!!!

I think about your sweet little self and
how your world dramatically changed
nine weeks ago when baby brother arrived.
You have handled it BEAUTIFULLY!
I don't believe you would have it any other way!!!
You are THE sweetest little love in the world!

You are such a delight! I love how you love to laugh. You are such a giggle box. Walker and all of his crazy antics make you laugh the hardest. I love seeing your face light up and hearing you laugh. It is so cute how you love to wake Hudson up or see if he's awake yet. You want baby brother awake when you get up and when you get in the car. You dote on him like crazy. Even if he does sorta cringe when he sees you coming (you can be a bit overbearing with him!), I know he loves you...I see it when he smiles so big at you. I love it when you put on your high heels and tell me you are going to Target. I love how you play school and talk about your classmates and your projects and your 'gwaaduation'. Your enthusiasm for playing games is something else! You get so excited when you make a good play or get a good card. I don't even mind when you insist on shuffling when we play CandyLand. It's amazing how you always draw the ice cream card when you've shuffled for us!!! You LOVE to be held. You ask mommy and daddy to hold you A LOT. I think it's super sweet and I really do love to hold you. When we lie down at night, you always ask me to scratch your back first, then rub your hands, then your feet, and finally scratch your tummy. One of your favorite treats at night is playing on Daddy's iPhone. You've even mentioned getting your own iPhone for your birthday (ha!)!!! You remind us to say a prayer at dinner and you most often say it. It's beyond adorable when I peak at you during the prayer with your little hands clasped together and your eyes shut so tight. I wish I could bottle you up. You are perfect to me and for me! Late the other night you must have had an awful dream because you came walking into the living room where I was watching tv and you had the saddest, most scared look I've ever seen on your face. It broke my heart into a million tiny pieces. You have the sweetest, most precious little heart and I am so glad that God is sharing you with me. These days you stick so close to mommy and I secretly wish it could always be that way. I love having you as my daughter. My one and only beautiful baby girl...my Hadlee.

7 comments:

Misty said...

What a sweet post!

Love that blue dress!

Rhonda said...

There is something special about a Mommy and her baby girl! Such sweet memories to cherish of your little angel baby!

angie said...

That little dress is beautiful just like sweet Hadlee! What a sweet post:-).

Mrs. Davison said...

I had three boys and then, last, a little girl. So I know how you feel about your baby girl. My daughter is 11 and I don't want her to change any more. I say that, but I have loved every stage she has gone through and look forward to what else the Lord has for us to share. Your daughter is precious and you are a wonderful mom!

KKGrimmer said...

Simply precious, Mindy!

Shannon said...

Hadlee - you are one precious girl with one wonderful mommy! (who obviously like to make her blog readers teary with a lot of her posts!) Such a sweet one, Mindy!

Kimberly said...

Breakin an Auntie's heart. Haddie is such a special girl and so lucky to have you as a Mommy!