Saturday, November 3, 2012

Walker FallBALL

Back on the Rangers for Fall Ball 2012!!!
We had the option for Walker to play
up or down this year for fall ball. 
Meaning he could play with kids his
age and younger OR kids his age
and older.  We decided he would
get the best experience playing UP...
even though most all of his friends
decided to play down.  I pretty much
figured it would be a great experience
OR it would be awful!!!

Thankfully an awesome coach
picked up Walker for his team!!!
Walker and another boy were the only
4th graders on the team.  The rest were
5th all the way to 8th grade!!!!!!!!!
I was so worried over this age gap;(
I didn't want Walker to get hurt
OR for the older boys to not treat him nicely.
I couldn't believe my eyes when I
saw Walker on the mound pitching
at the first practice I attended!!!

When it came time for the first game,
Troy HAD to be out of town on a business
trip.  He was SO bummed, but he had no
choice.  Coach Mama had to be in charge;)
Walker was really pumped all day long
UNTIL we were walking up to the field
and we noticed the other team.  They were
HUGE!!!  I mean seriously HUGE!
All of the sudden, Walker had a
"stomach ache"!  I was like ohhhhhh
no you arrrrrennnnnn't doing that!!!
I sent him in the dug out and never
looked over at him again.  I knew I'd
break down if I did!!!;(
And I didn't blame Walker for
being nervous...the other team's
pitcher was AT LEAST six feet tall
and was pitching 55 to 65 miles per hour!!!
Even the umpire questioned the kid's age;)))
Walker was 5th in the batting line-up
which was another shocker.
His first at-bat, he WALKED!!!
This was perfect as he was so nervous
facing that huge guy pitching!
Then I was even more blown away
when Walker came out the first inning
playing THIRD base and wearing
sunglasses like the real Rangers do
during sunny games!!!  We had just
assumed Walker would be playing outfield
(or bench!) with him being so young. 
He did AWESOME at third base!!!
Made a great stop right at the start of the game:)
Such a stud;)
The opposing team's pitcher also hit
the ball over the fence his very first bat!
But none of that ended up scaring
#6!  He was so relieved after the first
inning because he knew he could do it!
At Bat!!!
Against the 8th grade speed pitcher;)
We had games twice a week,
and the ball park kinda became our
home away from home...
burgers and snow cones twice a week!
and ALWAYS fun friends:)))
Short Stop!
I had been a little worried because Walker looks
older and was actually as big as many of
the 7th and 8th graders.  I didn't want the older
boys to think Walker was older.  My worries
were all in vain.  Our team was awesome!
The older guys were truly good kids
and did nothing but encourage
and set a great example for Walker!!!
I love watching this kid bat!!!
That particular at-bat he hit a
TRIPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ball Park Buddies!  We love Kannon Miller:)
Hudson was kinda the live entertainment
for everyone at the ball park.
Here he is playing football with Cade Carr!
Walker's favorite position is probably second base. 
It was cool because the coach eventually
started putting Walker there without us
even suggesting it.  Walker also likes outfield
IF the team is hitting out there!
Seriously!!!
Cannon & Hadlee Carr ;)

Walker just wants on BASE!!! 
He loves to run the bases and he loves to score!
It was too cool that we ended up
on the same team as Kullen.
The Millers have become such dear friends to us!
These two are quite the match;)
Huds thinks he IS one of them! ;)))
Princess Pie just might have been the
cutest thing at the ball park all season long;)
The Markings stayed with us one day
when their mama was out of town
and joined us for Walker's game...

Playing the field;)
The way Walker stands when he's playing
outfield reminds me SO much of
Josh Hamilton!!!  His stance, his movements,
his sunglasses...but this Hambone is my #1!!!
Thinking about stealing home...
Makes mama nervous;)
SCORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Somebody is a little bit obsessed with his Bubba!
How about that stance!!!!!
He and Daddy love to go to the batting
cages (they BOTH hit there!  ha!).
Walker is definitely learning that it
takes hard work to succeed, but
that hard work also pays off!  
Heading to Bubba's game and
suited up just in case he's needed...
So cute!!!
Still hoping he makes it into the line-up;)
Brother & Sister watching Bubba bat!!!
One night Coach Pierce;) let
Hudson and Hadlee run the bases!
They LOVED it!!!
Look at my boy!!!
He's so big and handsome:)
Coach Burns even let him pitch
one night and he did AWESOME!!!
That's REALLY when mama gets nervous!!!
I was so impressed with the older boys
on this team.  They were really good kids
and so good to the younger boys. 
We are thankful for a great season playing "up"!
And yet another season where Sweet Pea &
Hudson thought they were also on the team!  ;)
LAST game...and it was FREEEEEZING outside!  ;(
Hudson, Haddie & I just couldn't
hang so we went to the car to watch...
Sweetness fell asleep...
THAT game Walker got the
best HIT of his season!!!
It was a perfect end:)
 
I'm thankful for my baseball lovin' boys...
Congratulations on an awesome
season, Walker!!!
You stepped out of your comfort
zone and did so well. 
You make Coach Pierce and
your Mommy so very, very proud!
 
"I can do all things through
Christ who gives me strength."
Philippians 4:13

2 comments:

Brandi said...

What a stud!!!!I know you are one proud momma, you have every reason to be!!!! WOOHOO! Ok, Nate plays up too and Ty also things his bubby is the greatest thing ever. Our families are twinkies!! HEHE!!!!!

Beth E. said...

This reminds me of Little League with our boys, when they were younger. Looks like Walker is ready for the big leagues, though...sounds like he's a real asset to his team! :-)