Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Daddy's bDAY, Homecoming & October

One of Walker's teachers offered an
extra credit assignment. 
At first, Walker thought it wasn't necessary
to do "extra credit"!  Mama didn't
agree...hee hee!  Once it was all
said and done, he loved doing the project.
It was to tell how you got your name...
How fitting that I'm posting this on election
day;)  We really did get "Walker" from
the "W"!!!  And NOT from Walker, Texas Ranger!
I think very highly of George W. Bush
and so getting Walker from his name made
it that much more cool!!!
When Troy and I found out we were having a boy,
we both wanted to use names of the men that
we most admire.  That was easy...his grandpa
and my dad.  We got creative and I love that
Walker is named after both of these men!  :)
My Handsome Walker Dalton Pierce!
Hope he learned his lesson about
being offered "extra credit"!!!  ;)
Mrs. Gingerich's mother passed away
so Hadlee took some pretty flowers
from the class on the day Mary came back.
Mrs. Gingerich is truly about as
sweet and wonderful as they come. 
 
I found out a couple of days before school
started that I was going to have an intern
from Baylor (a student teacher). 
Since I'm a part-time teacher, I've never
had an intern but this year I get to share
one with a colleague of mine.
I never dreamed what a blessing my
intern would be!!!  Lauren is
so precious to me...she is beautiful
and kind and smart and wonderful!!!
I already love her SO much...
and so do my students!

Ms. O'Farrell with one of our Senior
football players before the
Homecoming Pep Rally...
Our SENIORS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have the most awesome students and I love my job
teaching them.  It truly keeps me in check
and gives me great perspective seeing the
world through these young people's eyes.
But I do have a favorite this year...
 
 
October 19th was T-Daddy Love's 44th Birthday!!!
The kids and I couldn't wait for
him to get home that day so we
could love on him and spoil him!!!
Troy recently got a nice, new office
at work and he had mentioned that he
needed new pictures for it.  We had
several made for him and framed them.
He loved them all!  :)
One.LOVED.Daddy
Singing Happy Birthday to our Daddy LOVE!!!
These four are MY life...
October 19th was also
Midway's Homecoming...
Troy had a very special date
on his birthday with this
sweet little girl...
I'm thinking that was the best
part of his birthday:)
Luckily I had two cute dates:)
This silly date went to a party
and then to the game with his buddies!
OOOPS!  Sweet girl found
another special date at the game!!!
Happy 44th Birthday to the hottest,
BEST husband/daddy in the world!!!
We Love You...

Travis and his dad came over to
watch the Cowboys with us one
Sunday after church.  I cracked up
because my two favorite T's
were dressed just alike!!!  ;)

SUPERHERO day at MHS!!!
Sweet Kolby, a dear new friend to me,
called the night before wanting to
wear a Superman shirt! 
This made my heart happy:)
Stilllllll so much support...
Picking up Logan from school
one afternoon.  What high school
student wouldn't want their 10 year old
cousin waiting in the parking lot
on top of the car?!??!???!?! ;)

Teaching a 12th grade English class
has proven to be quite the experience!
I never thought I'd like teaching seniors,
but I love it!  Seniors will tell you
anything and everything!!!
We read The Importance of Being Earnest
and the kids had a ball acting it out!
We laughed so much reading this play!

I never know what I'll find in the
photos on my phone.  Take for instance
this picture that Hadlee took of herself
one night after bath because she
liked the way her hair looked!
Love this little girl:)
My two sweet H's at church
after Sunday School one morning:)
My heart is so FULL that they are
loving church!!!!!!!!!!!
I believe the best gift I can give
my kids is a love for the Lord
and all that is Jesus...like church.
Sweet Lauren and I on college day...
 
What is it about October and me getting
staph infections? :(  Another one got me,
but thankfully I got on antibiotics
and to my doctor quickly.  These infections
just leave me feeling so bad. 
I sent this to Troy because I hate
when he can't be with me to hold
my hand during these little "surgeries"!
I didn't want anyone to know I had
staph again so he had to keep the storm! ;)
I'm very thankful for our doctor
and his nurses.  They are so kind to us
and truly care about my family. 
 
Hank & Ella's last day at Mrs. Janice's :(
BOO HOO :( to not geting to see
these precious babies everyday.  
Captain America is going to miss them!!!
This kid is SO crazy...Mrs. Janice
might be wishing it was him leaving!  HA!
No, I know that's not the case!!!
 
Just passing by the STAR Board at
South Bosque and happen upon
one of Walker's tests!  YAY!!!
 
Last Saturday we surprised Hunter B
at his new job!  The kids had been begging
to go there to see their Hunter and it was
such a beautiful day for it!
Silly, Sweet H's...........
Enjoying a beautiful day
while daddy was at the deer lease!
Our happy go lucky Hunter...
we couldn't love him more:)
It was also Baylor Homecoming day
and of course the Aggies were playing, too!!!
 
CRaZy SoCK DaY at South Bosque!!!
My SUPER kids!!!!!!!
 Hadlee's first Thanksgiving project for school...
My how time flies when you are
having FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"Lean on, trust in, and be confident
in the Lord with all your heart and
mind and do not rely on your own
insight or understanding.  In
all your ways know, recognize,
and acknowledge Him,
and He will direct and make straight
and plan your paths."
Proverbs 3:5-6

No comments: