Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Symphony & Success

This handsome guy went on a
fourth grade field trip to the
symphony!!! 
He liked it okay except that
it was at Baylor;(
His music teacher told the students
to dress nicely...
I assumed Walker would wear
a Polo shirt and his khakis
(which were like capris now
so we went shopping for new ones).
On the shopping trip, he was quick
to inform me of his "new" tastes!
He picked out this Abercrombie Teen
button down!  Excuse me very much;O)
Seriously my little baby boy is
THIS big now?!?  He's ten, but sometimes
looks about 14.  He's huge and
hilarious and handsome and happy
and also very....kindhearted.
He was recently selected to be in a club
that meets at South Bosque
called "Friends of Rachel."
It's only for 3rd and 4th grade
students and the teachers selected
which students.  It's a service
group and they meet after school
once a month to head up service
activities for the school.  So awesome:)
I sometimes get calls from his
friends' moms asking me to ask
Walker for the "real" story of how something
went down in class (when their
son got in trouble!).  It always
reminds me just how blessed I am
that Walker behaves so well!  Of course
he doesn't at home!!!;))) BUT I love
that he does at school.  He was
devastated when the ENTIRE fourth
grade was punished in the cafeteria
and every single one of them had to
give up two behavior bucks. 
Those were the first ones he had
to give up and it wasn't even because
of something he did!!!
I cherish his behavior because
you never know when it might
change...or what a certain little third
child might act like in school someday!  ;) ha!
I was absolutely BLOWN away though
on the same day as the
symphony to receive a call
from Mr. Everett, Walker's principal. 
I answered my cell thinking it would
be a school recording.  I couldn't believe
it was Mr. Everett and I was so overwhelmed
by his words.  He told me there was a new
publication coming out in our area
and each school is supposed to select
a student to be highlighted in the publication.
South Bosque will be the first
elementary highlighted and he chose
WALKER PIERCE!!!!!!!!!!
He went on to tell me how he has always
been so proud of Walker and his
behavior and the kindness he shows
to everyone ~ students, teachers, and staff.
He even told me that Walker is the type
of boy he hopes his daughters will
bring home someday!!!!!!!!!!!
Troy and I were blown away with
JOY and PRIDE!!!
We have no idea what this publication will
be like or what kind of a picture/student
highlight of Walker will be in it...
and that doesn't matter.
We are just so proud of our son and that
he was chosen.  You never, ever know if
you are doing this parenting thing right
and just when you think you are...
it all falls to pieces :(
It's a day by day journey and I've learned
we just have to try our best
and PRAY...... a lot...with 
and for our children.   
Troy compares parenting to coaching
a team.  You never know what the kids
are going to do in a game...even though
 you practice a lot...and you especially
never know if they are or will ever
be ready for the big leagues;)
 
For today, we are thankful
and proud of our son!!!
I am most proud of his
CHARACTER at the present
time and I pray he continues on
this path.  There will no doubt be
many, many mistakes and trials
and hardships.  But for today,
we celebrate this honor
that makes his mommy and daddy
so very proud of him!!!!!!!!!
 
Thank you, Lord!!!
 
"How can a young man keep his way pure?
By guarding it according to your word.
With my whole heart I seek you;
let me not wander from your commandments!
I have stored up your word in my heart,
that I might not sin against you.
Blessed are you, O Lord; teach me your statutes!"
Psalm 119:9-16
 

No comments: