Monday, August 6, 2012

Well, Hello There, SUMMER!

Summer..........
we missed you AnD we heart you!!!!!
Summer lunch?!?

Summer also brings along the
realization that this KID is growing
way too fast!  ;((  So big and
handsome and sweet.
I love him more than life itself!
A Sweet Saturday Summer Morning...
Such a sweet soul......

Summer also brought a change for the
Pierce Party.  After nine years of driving
this car...through all three Baby Loves:(
it was time to get a new one!!!
And this nine year old was NOT happy
about it AT ALL..................
He was taking pictures to
commemorate the "last drive"!  ;)
So, I loved the 'old' car just because
it had been such a great one.  I was
fine to keep on driving it, but T-dawg
was getting too worried with us in it
especially since we had some road trips
planned for the summer.  I'm totally
not kidding about Walker being
SO upset over this......
I had no idea his love for our car!  ha
Huds was pretty clueless
and I think Hadlee was just
feeding off Walker because
she was upset, too!!!  
Such a heart in this kid!
At least I've driven in the fact
that cars and such do NOT
matter in this life!!!
I was cool with it...only a little
apprehensive because we talked to
the dealership on a Monday, told them
what we wanted, put some money down,
and were told to pick up our new
car on Thursday (WITHOUT even
actually seeing it!!!).  Yikes!;(
Walker getting out of old Bessie
(kidding...she never even had a name!)...
Troy and I were dying over the kids
being so upset!  The sales guy had
never seen such a thing!!!
Hadlee wanted to keep this car so she
could have it when she turned 16.  We will
see how she likes something like this
when she actually does turn 16!!!
She dealt with her emotions by
writing the "Old Car" several notes!  ha!
My poor Walker D!  :(
I can't even remember the last time he cried.

SO, what do you do while Daddy
finalizes the deal?!?
Behave very maturely in the
waiting room!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 With your favorite peeps in the world!
WHAT?  A new car???????????????
This was the AGGIE CAR...and the one that
the kids really, really wanted.  I love my
family's A&M passion, but I just couldn't do
the maroon car! I don't bleed maroon like them!
Don't do a double take...............
I loved my old car SO much (maybe this is
where the kids get it! ha!) that I got the same
thing AGAIN.  Even same color!!!
Cars are of no importance to me..........
just something to get us here & there safely
with enough room for all our stuff
and with seats for SEVERAL!

She's much fancier than our old one though!
YAY...thank you, T-dawg Daddy LOVE:)
She's a beaut!  May we enjoy many years in her!
 Kids came around pretty quickly,
but they still talk about how they miss our
old one and wonder who has it now;)

Summer also brought some SUPER,
fun cool CARR play dates!!!
The Carrs have a pool
but were SO excited to play on
our $4.99 slip-n-slide!!!!!!!
Walker is too big for it!  ha!
Troy & I were their judges! 
Classic pic!!!!!!!!!!
All smiles for summer!!!!!!!
I love this picture!!!
It has SUMMER TIME
written ALLLLLL over it!!!!!!! :)
In a funny sort of way, this also
has summer written all over it.....
Walkman was getting a "talkin' to"!!!!!!!!!!!  ha!

Up next was our favorite date
night of the year!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cattle Baron's Ball 2012
for the American Cancer Society
This beautiful girl is someone I met
several years ago at CB Ball and we hit
it off.  She had just moved to Waco.
We because fast friends that night,
but then never saw each other again
until the next year.  Then the next
and so forth.  THIS year we finally
decided to move forward with our
friendship!!!!!  ha!  She's a doll!
We have so many great friends
that we have met through CB
and its cause OR friends we only
get to see this one night a year!
We always have a blast that night...
but we miss Louis so much especially
at this time of the year.  Carla, too! :(
Doc G is one of our faves!
And of course Nancy is a rockstar
and we love her so much!!!
Another Super Sweet Friend...
So.MUCH.Fun
and for such an amazing cause!!!
Hi Clint Black
The Smiths are our other favorite
CB friends!!!  LOVE THEM ALL:)
But the best part is spending
the night with this guy...
I love me some T-dawg
and how hard he works for
this and how hot he is!  ;)))
The next week brought another
sports camp for Walker
and...............VBS for Hadlee
at our church!!!!!!!!!!

Lunch & Ice Cream Afterwards:)
Hudson and I enjoyed our morning
visits with our favorite Superman T!!!
Our VBS is the BEST
and I love that Hadlee had
such a great time attending:)
Play Date with Ryan
after Baseball Camp........
Buddies since Pre-K at South Bosque!
Caroline from school was in Hadlee's
VBS class.  She came home afterwards
with us one day!  Sweet girly girls:)
Sweet Summer
days can be tough on our Princess...
and her daddy!  ;)

Another red-neck summer tradition.....
WATER TRAMPOLINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bring it on, Summer!!!!!!!!!!
"Live your truth.  Express your love.
Share your enthusiasm.  Take action
towards your dreams.  Walk your talk.
Dance and sing to your music.
Embrace your blessings.
Make today worth remembering."
- Steve Maraboli

No comments: