Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Walker's Sports Camps

Walker's summer started off running.
Literally!!!

The very first week of summer
Walker attended the Midway Football Camp.
I begged him not to...just so I
could selfishly sleep in!  hee hee!

Not going to stop this kid though....
Unfortunately after two days of hard
work outs, he woke up during the night
with a fever.  In the morning, he
begged me to still let him go.
Against everything I believe,
I let him go only to have to go
pick him up because he
had fever and felt horrible:(

I took him STRAIGHT to
Dr. Graham.....
(Nothing like the STORM at the dr.'s office!)
Of course the Motrin kicked in &
 some love from brother and sister helped,
but Dr. G said that Walker had a deep,
awful sinus infection.  He said it had
to have been brewing for weeks.
AHHHHH....that explains all of
Walker's sleeping the last week of school.
Troy and I were relieved it wasn't mono! 
Poor guy felt bad though and really
layed around for the next two days.
We went for the awards program on the
last day of football camp. 
I still wanted him to get his shirt
and football and certificate!
He hated missing out on football:(

The VERY next week was
Midway Baseball Camp!!!!!!!!!!!
He was rip, roarin' and ready to go.
I would say baseball is his favorite
sport.  He didn't even go to this
one with a specific friend.
He's so cute as a ball player;)
After a fun, first day at baseball....
Troy and I really try to be cool,
non-overbearing parents especially
when it comes to sports.
(Troy is MUCH better at this than me!)
I know the coaches didn't want all the
parents hanging around watching,
but one day Hadlee, Huds and I
pulled up and watched from the car....
I got so BUSTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  ha ha!
I could just never get enough of
watching Walker play
something he loves!!!
Walker & Nash on the last day of camp...
Walker & Jared walking across the
Midway Baseball Field
on the last day with his gear in hand...
On the last day, the coaches gave out
awards.  I knew Walker wanted to win one!!!!!!;(
I soooo had my fingers crossed.
He had his #1 fan right beside him!!!
(Huds had been playing in the dirt!  ha)
Getting his new baseball shirt
from Coach Offill..
Seriously so sweet...
for one, how much Hudson adores
his big brother and two,
how Walker LETS Hudson adore him
even amongst friends at a baseball camp!
The coaches gave out three
Outstanding Performance Awards
and guess what?!?
WALKER GOT ONE!!!!!!!!!!!
Troy was out of town
and I was so pumped to text him
"He got one!!!"
It is the absolute best feeling
to see your child get rewarded for
his hard work!!!!!!
 Walker & Jared both got
Outstanding Performance Awards:)
Proud of our favorite player!!!
Love this silly stud
checking out the baseball
cards he won! 
At the end of camp, you can
buy a new Midway hat...
Walker chose a red one! 
This also meant that Hudson
got a new Midway hat!  ;)
Camps, Awards or Nothing AT ALL....
this kid is my heart!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Finally the third week of summer
was BASKETBALL CAMP!
The boy wouldn't quit;)
His buddy Kullen went with
him to basketball camp...
He and Kullen had a great week.
AND...their littles had fun also!  ;)
Walker did awesome at this camp, too!

Walker is so tall and his feet are HUGE!
Everyday the coaches bragged on him.
Hopefully he is growing into his body;)
On the last day, they did a short program
and the coaches handed out awards.
Walker got 2nd place in the Mikan Drill
and 3rd place in the Spot Shot!
His fan club was SO excited for him!!!!!!!!

Walker and Matthew have done basketball
camp every year.  Proud to show off
their awards and their new basketballs!!!
It was a fun week with Kullen!
They both did awesome:)
Just so proud of
BIG BROTHER!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hudson knew he had on a
basketball shirt
and wanted everyone to know it!  ha!
I love celebrating with my three loves!
And so does Daddy:)
Guess he gets his basketball skills from
his mama...a former Midway Pantherette!  ha;)
SUCH a STUD!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Three camps, three weeks in a row
wore these two OUT!!!  But not the Walkman!
Yet you, LORD, are our Father.
 We are the clay, you are the potter;
we are all the work of your hand.
Isaiah 64:8

1 comment:

Karson & Alison said...

Wow he was busy! How sweet it is to see your kiddos loving on each other. I'm glad he had fun; what a little athlete.