Sunday, May 3, 2009

Sometimes you just have to Giggle after you get Hurt

Walker took a career ending (ha!) foul ball to
his eye during Saturday morning's game.
(According to Walker, these pictures do NOT
do his injury justice. "IT HURT!!!").
It was VERY devastating to my All-Star,
but thankfully a trip to Target & a new Ben10 toy
seemed to alleviate the pain. Of course he also needed a little
pampering from his #1 fan when we got home...It helped, too, that Daddy headed straight
to Academy for a face guard for Walker's helmet...Batting again & playing with this ray of sunshine
were the final tricks...
It wasn't all roses though... But there were A LOT of giggles!!! Wanna hear?!?
P.S. ~ Turns out Walker was bummed when he
woke up this morning and didn't have a black eye!

5 comments:

Rhonda said...

Oh my goodness, poor Walker! I bet that injury did HURT! Poor little guy! But it looks like Daddy saved the day by adding that contraption to his batting helmet!! That should keep all the wild balls aways from Walker's handsome face!! A trip to Target ALWAYS makes everything all better - for all ages, including my own age!!

Blessings from the Reeds said...

I will be the first to say that was one crazy ball that hit Walker's face. I know that had to hurt! I am just so glad he is ok and what a great daddy to keep that from happening again. You forgot to mention all of the GREAT things that third basemen did. He really did a great job. Glad you are ok Walker!!

Beth E. said...

Awww...poor Walker! We've had our share of baseball injuries around here. Funny how they turn into "badges of honor" in front of their friends! LOL

I loved the giggles. Haddie is so cute. And Walker...what a sweet brother he is!

You made my day! :o)

angie said...

Oh man I bet that really hurt! I love the pictures of H taking off brother's socks:) those are precious pics!!! I hope you ate enjoying your Monday.

Jessi -in love with her family of four said...

hahaha So sweet. There is nothing worse than hurting yourself really bad and not having anything to show for it... That happens to me all the time:(