Saturday, May 30, 2009

Baseball Fever ~ Part I

Walker Studman #9's first season
of coach pitch baseball has come to an end!
He had a great time and we
are so super proud of him!!!
Two of his little-est fans who
were always there supporting #7 and #9
(when they weren't off playing with each other!).
The dug-out was a time for serious
preparation for being at bat...
or for checking out snails & worms!!!
Have I told ya'll that I fell head over
heels for one of Walker's coaches?!? My All-Star...This was a priceless moment ~ after
Walker's first time to make it all the way
around the bases to home (NOT by his
hit only), he came running over to me
to get a drink.
He said, "I made a homerun!"
You sure did, babe...
In mommy's eyes anyways!!!Walker was so lucky to have his best bud
from the Hood, his best bud from pre-k,
and his best bud from kindergarten on his team.
It was even cool when we played other buds!!!Cutest cheerleader there ever was...
wearing her Go Walker shirt no doubt!

Aunt Michelle was there to love on #9, too!Mamaw, too!!! Of course...she loves her some Walker! Even both sides of great grandparents made it to some of his games. They get their very own post though!

He looked so grown-up out there...but yet, he's still my baby boy. Just don't say that around him!

I can't imagine my life without these two spunky kids!!!

There's that cute coach again!!!
#9 is mine, all mine!!!
I decided to bring that hot coach on home with me!!!
Grandmother & PaPa were often
at Big W's games. No surprise there!!!On one particular game day,
Walker's best buddy from his class &
teammate came home from school with him.
Those are good days!!!Sweet Lauren & Haddie Girl...This couple melts my baseball fever... One way to pass time at a ball game
is to blow bubbles...
Here are the infamous #'s 7 and 9...
GO VIPERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Such a fun team!!! There I go taking home that coach
again...gotta do what ya gotta do!!!
Post game pic with Mommy...
he said he was going to do a tough
face. That's my boy!
Definitely a season to remember!!!

Season closer coming up tomorrow...with a TROPHY!!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

So funny.....that "little Walker Man" is not so little anymore. When on earth did he decide to grow up? He's so stinkin' cute and that cheerleader (I mean flirt) you found on the 1st baseline is pretty darn cute too! Oh, and her tshirt is perfect.........just like her mommy!!:)) These kids keep me smilin' and I love seeing them in action. What fun! Can't wait to peek in on all your Summer fun! We love yall!

Beck said...

Such cute pictures Mindy! I can't wait until Landon plays baseball, hopefully he will love it as much as Walker does! Have a great Sunday (:

Rhonda said...

You are just going crazy with your bedazzler!! Love Haddie Girl's shirt!! What a fun post!

melanie, aka Mo said...

Looking forward to some Tee Ball in the Groves household. Sounds fun to me. Some people just Hate going to the ballpark and such. I am thankful that to have an attitude of gratitude. You definitely have it! ANd it makes life so much sweeter! Love ya even though I don't "know" you! Feel like i do for shO! Melanie

CIRCLE OF LIFE said...

AWE WHAT GREAT PICTURES IT LOOKED SO FUN .... YOUR LITTLRE BBABY BOY TOUGH NO NEVER HE LOOKS TO SWWT TO BE THE TOUGH DUDE AND WOW A TROPHY DID U EXPECT ANY THING DIFFERENT LOL I SAW HIM ON YOUR VIEDO LAST TIME HE HAS THE DRIVE ....... Have a blessed day .

Amanda said...

How Caaaa-Yute! Love all your adorable pictures. I had to laugh because Walker is just like Mason with that baseball shirt UN-tucked. He never would tuck it in for this mama. Oh and the coach.. I had one of those too. ;)

Beth E. said...

Oh, Mindy, these pictures of Walker and his team remind me so much of our boys when they were starting in baseball! Great memories....

Cherish each and every moment (I know you do)...it goes by so quickly!