Monday, May 25, 2009

Road Trip

This weekend I went on a road trip
with one of my three favorite nephews, my
favorite niece & my favorite kids.
(Troy ~aka Daddy~ was on his own road trip
to his grandma's family reunion and her
80th birthday.)
My gang & I were on our way to my mom's
side of the family's reunion at the
farm where my mother grew up.
Here we are at the Holiday Inn Express
in Commerce, Texas...

Something tells me we might not be invited back...

The Wal-Mart was right next door!!! Unbeatable.

I love these kids with all of my heart. (Macy has lost 40 pounds...so, so beautiful before AND after!!!)

Saturday night there was a cook-out
at the farm. It was fun until it started raining.
Bummer.This kid LOVES the great outdoors...
I love that about him.My mother grew up on this land in
Honey Grove, Texas, with her cousins.
They had the best time visiting.
There was a lot of visiting going on this weekend!!!
I loved hearing their stories.
My mother & her cousin were ready for the rain.
Walker was quite impressed with this!!!
It was interesting how everyone stopped
complaining about the indoor pool at the
hotel when the rain started!!!
My two favorite girls in all of this world...

I'm too tired from road trippin' it and celebrating Memorial Day with the Hoodies today to finish off our trip to the farm (but will soon!). It was good, good fun with my entire family...although we missed Daddy terribly (but thankful he was lovin' on Granny for her 80th!). I hope you had a great weekend, too.

To those who have served and do serve our country, all of our gratitude and honor to you and your families. Thank you just isn't enough.

5 comments:

mama's smitten said...

What a sweet post! Looks like a fun trip!

Beck said...

Great pictures as usual!! I LOVE the coordinating orange outfits on you and Macy! LOL. Looks like you had a fun weekend!

Blessings from the Reeds said...

I love the picture of your mom and her cousins! This is a sweet post. Macy looks great!She has always been such a pretty girl. I was cracking up over the pictures at the hotel. Look how high Walker was off that bed. haha! Looks like a GREAT trip. This is what makes memories.

angie said...

What are the odds of 2 family reunions the same weekend??? It looks like you guys had a blast. I just love that your kids get such quality time with extended family, and that so many generations adore Walker and Hadlee. Such great memories! Sweet post:-)

Beth E. said...

Wow...TWO family reunions on the same weekend. That's usually how it goes, though. Looks like everyone had a great time! Love the pics...especially of those two monkeys jumping on the bed! LOL

Welcome home!