Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Honey Grove, Texas

Papa & Haddie seemed to occupy each other
just fine while we waited for everyone
to go to the farm...
It was such a perfect day and the
land is just beautiful.
This farm is actually where my mother was born.

We were all in Heaven...talk about God's beautiful country!!!

This one will be framed in all of our houses...
My mother and I call Macy our Queen and
Hadlee our Princess!!! They fit their titles!
But this guy~ He is my Prince...
One of my favorite parts of the trip was
hearing my mother's cousins talk about
their "Aunt Mary". That was my mom's mother...
I never knew her. She died of cancer when
my mother was 18. I would give
anything to have known that beautiful woman.
Hello 8x10 for my house...
My life would not be complete without
these six kids...
We were missing daddy!!!
(Remember he was at his own family reunion!) Wonder if Daddy would like this one
framed for his office for Father's Day?!?
My kids are SO happy outside like this...
Our cousins raise Arabian horses on the farm...
It is so cool!The horses are beautiful!!!
My Lil' Country Girl...
Lovin' Lynna...
Lovin' Logan...
I felt like I was in Hope Floats!!!
Lots of sweet extended family...
The sistahs with our beautiful cousin...
she is an only child so we claim her!
Who refused to be in this picture???...OH yeah the three year old with her newly
found sass & tude...of course she joined in
when Logan wanted to hold her!!!
Happy in Honey Grove...
I left the farm feeling ever so thankful
for my entire family, for the beautiful
outdoors, and for many memories
(new & old ones!).

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just jammed to Zac Brown's Chicken Fried while I read this post and it was too perfect! It was like I was on the set of a video!! These pictures are timeless and you must frame and hang them! The kids in your family are beautiful and I love the shots you were able to capture of each of them. Isn't it sobering to be reminded of what really matters in life? I have had so many of those "ever so thankful" moments lately. Thank you for sharing your family with me. I love you all!!!

Kimberly said...

You ARE Hope Floats! Beautiful post, my love. I am dyin to hear first hand accounts of Haddie's new tude!!!
xoxxo

Blessings from the Reeds said...

I felt like I was there:) This is a beautiful post. What wonderful memories this will be for all of you. This is what life is all about!

angie said...

Happy in Honey Grove is right! You did get some great pictures(I love all the framed choices!) one big happy family!!!

Amanda said...

Wow, you captured some beautiful pictues and of course the subjects couldn't be any better!!! You are one great lookin' family! I'm glad you guys had such a great time. Too bad both you and Troy's family decided to do family reunions on the same weekend. Looks like you made the best of it though!

Beth E. said...

Such wonderful pictures! Oh, but family reunions are so special. We don't have them anymore. Most of my parents' family members have passed away...very sad!

Looks like you're gonna have lots of photos to frame....they are all great!

Love ya

Unknown said...

Where did you get your dress? and Hadlee's Dress! Love all the family pictures!