Sunday, May 10, 2009

"God in My Heart"

Today was perfect...just a sweet, relaxing day!
Handsome Hubby woke me with roses & donuts
from him and the kids & then we went to church.
We also were able to visit with both of our sweet moms!
I just have to share my most
treasured Mother's Day gifts.
First of all, Walker did this at school for me.
Apparently my son doesn't know me
as well as I thought...Wal-Mart is NOT my favorite store nor is
bacon my favorite food!!! I happen to love
that my son thinks I know a lot about
exercising seeing as though I do it
about seven times a year.
Troy said Walker was pretty on target
with the last one...
"my mom buys me everything".
Fortunately, he got the most important one right...
I do tend to say I love you all the time!

I also loved my card that he made me at school. He said he tried to put lots of things I like...including the cobra you see above. That's my boy. His loves are my loves.

Miss Priss made me this at Mrs. Heather's. I love it and will treasure it forever and always. I'll also never forget how happy Haddie was to give it to me and tell me how she used so much "puple".

The absolute best, most perfect Mother's Day gift came tonight in the form of a conversation I had with Walker. I was telling him and Hadlee that each night after they are sound asleep, I go in their rooms and touch them and kiss on them. I also told them that I say prayers for them when I do this. Walker said, "That God is in my heart?" I said yes, He is. Walker let out a "yeeeeeeeeessssssssssssss" and did his arm back and forth in excitement. I then said, "Well, you actually have to ask God into your heart." He then said, "I already did. At church."

This has been an AMAZING Mother's Day.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I do have a little request of anyone who stops by my blog. My dear friend Robin's beautiful twelve year old niece was in a boating accident today and her condition is VERY serious and critical. Please say a prayer for this little girl named Kyndall. Visit Robin's blog if you'd like to see Kyndall's beautiful picture and read more. Thank you with all of my heart.

6 comments:

Misty said...

What an amazing Mother's Day! It's evident that yoou are such a great mom, with such a sweet heart.

Beth E. said...

Are you SURE that "bakin" is not your favorite food???! Hahaha! I always loved to read whatever my boys wrote in kindergarten and first grade, while they were still learning to sound out words and spell them.

I also have to say that the cobra was such a nice touch on your card. Nothing says Happy Mother's Day quite like a snake! LOL Hey, at least you didn't get what I got from Bill for Mother's Day, right? ;o)

Finding out that Walker asked Jesus into his heart makes this Mother's Day the best...praise God!

Praying for Kyndall. Please keep us updated.

Love,
Beth

angie said...

Yeah!! Jesus is in Walker's heart!! That is the best mother's day gift. I just love your favorites. I think some answers get influenced by little friends:-). Although who doesn't love bacon and exercising!!!! Precious, precious, precious! Tell Troy he hit it out of the park with that card, donuts and roses. Nice job!

Jessi -in love with her family of four said...

Happy Mommies Day sweet friend:D

Mom to the 3rd Power said...

Sure. You know you love Wal mart.
I enjoy hearing about the stories and your love for your sweet kids.
Glad you had such a great Mother's Day.

Dea said...

What adorable kids you have! Hope your mothers day was great!