Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Race for the Cure

Some friends from the high school and I did the
5K walk at the Race for the Cure.
I won't ever miss out on this experience again!!!

We did it!!!
This is my team leader at school with her
mom & a teacher at MHS, but best known as a...
SURVIVOR!!!
My best friends at school...
(the English II team!)
All week I kidded with Troy that
he and the kids needed to be along
the trail of the race with posters for me.
You know like I'm really a marathon-er.
In.My.Dreams.

Instead Troy did this photo shoot
of me when I got home.
Did I mention that it was pouring
down rain that morning?!?
This was supposed to be of my number
and how one 5k walk had really
changed my body. I've always wanted
to be a worker-out-er.


Obviously I have no vanities when it comes to my own blog and the pictures/videos I post! I've proved that this week!!!

ALL kidding aside...

I truly do pray, BELIEVE, and hope for a CURE for this cancer and all others. I'll never forget Paul, Jake or Jacob. Never ever. Please join me in praying for a cure.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE THIS!!!!!!!

But, my new ALL time fav are the last 2 pics!! Oh, how I am loving the sass......work it Trendy Mindy! Own it. Shake it, shake it!!! Love that yall did the Race for the Cure and so sweet to do it with those you work with whose families are directly affected! I know how much that meant to everyone. You make my day with this one!!! Now, I am off to work on my video of myself with NO MAKEUP and WET HAIR. How's that for vanity?!

Rhonda said...

Isn't Race for the Cure the most inspiring thing?? My mom and I do it EVERY year ~ she is an 11 YEAR SURVIVOR and proudly wears her PINK SURVIVOR shirt at each event! We are so THANKFUL for all that is being done to find a CURE! My family personally thanks you and your friends for participating!

And I love the HOT photo shoot!

Mom to the 3rd Power said...

Oh, yes, Mindy, I have been walking and praying for a cure for years now. My walk is on Friday. Isn't it just such a wonderful experience?
I always leave feeling so very grateful for my health and the health of my family.
Not everyone can say that.
You go with your booty pics!

angie said...

Work. It. Girl. This is the first year I've missed:(. It is such a neat experience. I'm so glad you got to walk this year!!

Amanda said...

You are adorable. I'm sure Troy had no problems taking those pics especially of the tush! ;) What a thing to do.. the walk I mean, ha!

Blessings from the Reeds said...

Oh, I sooo know who took that last pic. ha! Way to go Mindy! That is awesome that you guys do this. It is SUCH a great cause. Good job! You guys looked great.

Beth E. said...

You blow me away, girl, with your compassion! What a wonderful, loving person you are! Congratulations for participating and completing the 5K! And, I must say, that you are lookin' FINE after that walk! Unlike me, there's no cropping necessary on YOU!!!!!! ;o)

I think you should participate in the Vlogemotion carnival over at Tim's blog (Fort Thompson) each week. Hop over to my blog for the link. You'd be great!

Love ya,
Beth

Kimberly said...

I love your mini-marathon! You go!!! Are we still friends since I haven't tweeted yet?
xoxo