Saturday, September 26, 2009

Wedding Birthday!

Troy started calling our anniversary
"our wedding birthday"!

It was the best way for the kids to "get it"!!!

Unfortunately Walker has had a fever virus the
last two days. We are about to hit the 24 hour
mark of no fever so I am thankful for that.
Football pictures and his first game are
bright and early at eight tomorrow!!!

All that to say that my Hubby of ten Years
and I chose to spend our official ten year
annivesary with our two favorite little people!
I had to chuckle last night at midnight
when it was officially our annivesary
because Troy & Walker
were sleeping together in T's office
(because of the fever situation).
Rather than doing a little somethin' somethin'
fun, T-dawg and I were dosing out Motrin!
It didn't phase us one bit!

Today was wonderful & filled with lots of
sweet little surprises like these red roses
(my favorite) that were delivered to me
in the middle of the afternoon at my front
door by T-dawg himself down on one knee!
He was greeted with one of his favorites when
he got home...Rice Crispie Treats!
After eating our pizza, we all curled up in the
living room to watch our wedding video!
I.love.this.video! It is priceless to me!
As we watched the video, we couldn't believe
how much our nieces and nephews
have grown up!
Surely the little boy that walked perfectly
down the isle as our ring bearer is not
Hunter...the tall, bulky kid
I pick up at the high school now!!!

I also noticed that every single person who
took part in our wedding is still very much
a part of our lives. I love that!
To me, my wedding ceremony was just
perfect. It was dreamy. I will forever
be grateful to my parents for my wedding
and reception. And OH, that reception...
the way my friends danced!!!
(Mainly the Na Na's and Co Co!)
LoVEd it and it's all on this video!!!

Not surprisingly at all, Walker & Haddie
fit right in at our reception, too...After the wedding video, it was time for treats......and then curling up to watch Star Wars!!!
This was Walker's first time to see it
and he was so excited!!! Daddy, too!
Little Miss Priss and I served up some popcorn...
...and of course did our hair like Princess Leia!!!Like mother, like daughter...
Princess HadLEIA was SOOOOO
not into a movie like this.
"Peeeease mommy not watch this."
Instead she & I curled up in bed to
go nighty-night. Just as I was lying down
with her, she looked at me with her
sweet little grin and said,
"I liked your wedding party."

I told her someday she'll fall in love, get to wear
a dress like that, and daddy will
walk her down the isle and then she'll have
her own party. I also told her how
I already try to pray for her future husband.
She was quick to let me know she
thinks her groom will be "Langeee"...
keepin' it in the Hood with Landry! Wahooo!
Then I made her run into where the boys
were watching the movie to tell Troy,
"Daddy, you have to pay for my wedding."
He better start saving now!!!

Just like my famous birthday weeks,
our anniversary celebration will carry
over to tomorrow!

Big Man and I will have our own night out then!
BoW cHicKa BOw BoW!!!

9 comments:

Kimberly said...

Whooooooooo Nelly! Please do not remind me of my dance moves with my BOB!!! Lovin the Leia hair and your sweet anniversary night with the kiddos! AND...can you please send some of that Halloween enthusiasum over to Oz as it does not seem that they do ANYTHING over here for the holiday! BOO hoo.

Blessings from the Reeds said...

Go big mama! Get your groove on with Tdawg. Too cute. Sorry to hear Walkman has been feeling down. Big hug~Been missing you this week! Tell Leia that RoRo is so HAPPY that she wants to marry Landry!! We will start the rehersal dinner planning now. Woo-hoo! I hope you guys have a WONDERFUL time tonight. Again, we think the world of you two love birds! Have lots of fun and I want to see pictures sent to my phone. (like I did you! You know where to go!) haha!
Loves ya~RoRo

Beth E. said...

Sounds like a wonderful way to celebrate to me! Looks like everyone had fun.

Glad to hear that Walker is feeling better....I can't get over how much he looks like his dad in that first picture!

I hope you have a wonderful time tonight as you and Troy have some time to yourselves. :-)

angie said...

Oh Ally doesn't like Star Wars either:-) but I love the Leia buns! It Seems like a perfect wedding party to me. Mark and I were in the same boat with illness on the big 10! Could you even imagine your life as awesome as this 10 years ago!!!!???Have so much fun tonight!

Brandi said...

Wedding Birthday... what a cute idea!!! Next summer summer our 1o year. We live in Cedar Park, right outside of Austin.. we are NOT Longhorn fans though. HEHE!!! Do you happen to know Jamie and Jason Youens???? They live in Waco, I'm thinking Midway area

melanie, aka Mo said...

Ok, and you didn't even MENTION the way that Walker wore his underwear OVER his boxers! Dude! That is kickin'! I like a guy who creates his own style!

Happy 10th!! Good thing you are already knocked up, huh?! :)
Mo

Beck said...

SO sweet! Congrats to you on your anniversary again! I HAD to leave a comment to tell you that rice crispy treats are my FAVORITE!! Have you tried the ones from Starbucks? Thay are so good! If Troy likes crispy treats he will love the ones they sell, be sure and try them (;

Karen At Home Blog said...

Happy Wedding Birthday! What a cute idea, I will have to remember that one for our kids.

Karen

Elizabeth said...

You are just the sweetest family ever! LOVE this!!