Thursday, September 10, 2009

Walker D. Pierce, First Grader

The title of this post is for any of you
who love Junie B. Jones books like us...
even though I have to skip over lots
of the things that Junie says!!!

Yesterday was picture day at
South Bosque Elementary...

Walker was none too happy about wearing a 'nice' shirt to school. He told me that he would probably get it very dirty. So dirty that I wouldn't even be able to get the stains out he said, but guess what...mommy won!!!

Walker is LOVING first grade...his teachers,
his friends, his school...but NOT the homework!

Poor kid has no clue! I'm not going to tell him he only has fifteen more years of homework to go!!!I love the carpool line and waiting to hear what this boy is going to tell me about when he first gets in the car. Some days he absolutely cannot WAIT to tell me something...

Yesterday it was that he watched Barack Obama's speech on TV. I asked him what the President talked about and he couldn't remember. Then he said, "One thing I do remember. NEVER GIVE UP."

Probably his greatest day of excitement was last week when he jumped in the car and told me about a classmate doing arm pit noises while the teachers were out of the room. PLUS, Walker went on to say, that kid can make the same type of noise using his legs!!! THIS IS BIG TIME FIRST GRADE NEWS!!!!!!!!! Needless to say, tears of laughter rolled down my cheeks. Same when he repeated the big news to Daddy at the dinner table that night.

He has signed the board in PE twice and that is huge for Walker.
Once was for winning a hula hoop contest. I had no clue he was so talented!!!

Outside of first grade, he is playing flag football and LOVING it! He even likes it better than soccer. To hear him say "DOWN. SET. HUT." in his deep voice is just about the cutest thing EVER to me.

I am proud of my first grader and he'll always be my MVP!

7 comments:

Katie said...

Too cute, Mindy. I can't imagine Z that big!

Beck said...

Walker is SO handsome and you are so blessed! What a good Mommy you are (:

Blessings from the Reeds said...

Love that MVP too! I want one of his school pics!

angie said...

Glad you won mommy, he looks very handsome! Those boys are always cracking me up:-).

Rhonda said...

What a handsome young man! Wow ~ perfect for picture day!! Don't you just love what a first grade boy considers "big news"?!? Too cute!! And we still have many many many Junie B. Jones books, so I totally "get" your title! I'm glad Walker is having a great first grade year!

Adrianne said...

My goodness, he is SO handsome!!! Growing up too fast. Glad he is loving school and hope he has a wonderful year!

Beth E. said...

Walker looks so cute in that nice, blue shirt! I like his freshly combed hair, too! Wonder if it stayed that way until he got his picture made? ;-)

I love the stories about first grade. At least he's sharing things with you! My boys would never talk about their day. They've never been good about sharing things with us. It's always been like this...

Me: "How was your day?"
Boys: "Fine."
Me: "What all did you do in class today?"
Boys: "Not much."
Me: "Did anything funny or interesting happen?"
Boys: "I don't remember."

*Sigh*...